Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X57/R/RS

PS finally dropped some details on Instagram. Between this and Ron’s Whoosh hybrid news, I’m frickin stoked!

IMG_4528.jpg IMG_4529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I've wondered about this product. I wonder what spool will be like.

I wish they'd all use whp so these claims were consistent. 360bhp is very different from 360whp. To the uninformed this can cause confusion especially when comparing turbos.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I wish they'd all use whp so these claims were consistent. 360bhp is very different from 360whp. To the uninformed this can cause confusion especially when comparing turbos.
I agree....100% here it makes things alittle misleading on this side of the pond.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
flip314
Thread Starter #4
I’m interested in the power curve of the k04/k16. I’m hoping the x57r spools a bit quicker than the gtx2860r.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m interested in the power curve of the k04/k16. I’m hoping the x57r spools a bit quicker than the gtx2860r.

Do you have a Gtx2860r?

OP
flip314
Thread Starter #6
I’m, uh, currently naturally aspirated. :) IMG_4530.jpg

I’ve been waiting on the X57 to drop before I made my decision.

OP
flip314
Thread Starter #8
I figured I’d wait until mid February. I know they’ve had their X57 prototype car running around for a few months now, so I’m cautiously hopeful.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just remember....anything alittle over 300whp is pushing it without Auxiliary fuel....I'll NEVER buy ANYTHING just designed and new....let it be out a while to workout the bugs and see the failure rate.

Last edited:
OP
flip314
Thread Starter #12
What's the story on the Borg Warner K04/K16 turbos? From what I've read, the K04 is/was used by Volvo and Audi, whereas the K16 is used by Porsche in the 911. How does the KKK series compare to the EFR, or even GTX?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

Most have google but I hear ya.

Ya I would like 330 to 340 whp and from what I can tell so far there is no turbo for that. You can get it by pushing a hybrid turbo to its limit or with the GTX2860R gen2 but have it tuned down. So its risk blowing a turbo of have more lag for 20 to 30 whp.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Se7eN

I'm interested in seeing results. The X47 so far has been a very good product, so this one might be as well and probably better thought out then others. Also want to see what Whoosh comes out with after testing theirs.

Wouldn't make me change from what I have to one of those, if i'd make another move it'd be to a GTX2860 since I already got the port.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So basically another hybrid? But this time based on the K04. [MENTION=602]pwnall1337[/MENTION] stated this would be bespoke castings...guess not. Not saying the K04 is a bad thing. I had a speed3 and tuned VWs for over a decade. But i was really looking forward to a purpose built, ground up, bolt-on (no v-band) solution for our platform. I have a brand new DP sitting in my garage that's been waiting for a friend for only 3 long years. Maybe it's time to just give in and buy an X47 :(

Original discussion about this X57 NOT being a hybrid.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...)-intro-review?p=329568&viewfull=1#post329568

What do you mean thinner? They are a custom casting from the ground up.

OP
flip314
Thread Starter #18
I ended up just going with the GTX2860R. I really wanted to hold out for the X57R, but track day season is fast approaching, and I just ran out of time.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I ended up just going with the GTX2860R. I really wanted to hold out for the X57R, but track day season is fast approaching, and I just ran out of time.
Same. Plus the GTX2860 is tried and true. I never like to get anything new that hasn't been tested through its paces first.

OP
flip314
Thread Starter #20
Same. Plus the GTX2860 is tried and true. I never like to get anything new that hasn't been tested through its paces first.
I was OK with buying the X57 right out of the gate - Pumaspeed has a pretty solid track record with the X37/47. The car isn't my DD, and I'm running a Guardian Angel to protect the engine - so I figured anything major would just be (probably warrantied with Puma.

Fit and finish on the ATP kit leaves a bit to be desired (my pictures started a shit show on FB... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) - but the people in the FiST game that I trust the most (Ron@whoosh and Alex@stratified) both chimed in and reassured me that while it's not pretty, it's fine. So I'm gonna send it.. [driving]

I ordered the AET ported manifold with the 42mm output flange. I was also thinking about having the ATP downpipe adapter gasket matched to the turbo and the compressor outlet cleaned up and polished, but I'm pretty hesitant about having any work done on the flange. I might take it all with me to the machine shop and see what they have to say.