Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2019 FiST Orders?

Has anyone successfully custom-ordered a 2019 within the last month or so? Does anyone know when the end-of-production is for the US Model Year 2019 version? I'm new to all this FiSTing and would appreciate any guidance. My last Fiesta was a new Mk1 that I bought in 1980....

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Has anyone successfully custom-ordered a 2019 within the last month or so? Does anyone know when the end-of-production is for the US Model Year 2019 version? I'm new to all this FiSTing and would appreciate any guidance. My last Fiesta was a new Mk1 that I bought in 1980....
End of Production for North American Fiesta’s is May of this year. Which means if you want to order one you should do it now. IMO.

OP
SCMike
Thread Starter #3
End of Production for North American Fiesta’s is May of this year. Which means if you want to order one you should do it now. IMO.
Many thanks for the tip.

OP
SCMike
Thread Starter #4
2019 Order Placed!

Since no one has answered my question (except Dpro), I will now provide my own answer...

I took Dpro's tip to heart and placed a special order on Jan 24th for a 2019 FiST to my precise specs:
Orange Spice
Molten Orange ST Recaro Pkg
Ebony Black 17-inchers w/Red calipers
Navigation
NO Moonroof (I have no use for it, and it is very difficult to find an existing build with all the other specs but no moonroof).

Today (Feb 6th) the dealership informed me of the car's VIN. So I guess it is happening!

I had an interesting time finding a dealership to take the order. I sent out an e-mail with my exact specs and a request for a cash price quote for a special order to six Ford dealers in my area.

One dealership responded to my e-mail almost immediately and said they would get back to me within an hour with a price quote.
Two dealerships responded to my e-mail about 10-12 hours later, just trying to get me to come on in so that they could sell me another existing FiST that did not meet all my specs.
The final three dealerships did not even both to respond to my e-mail, ever.

The one dealership that did respond with the price quote has turned out to be a jewel of customer service. It is a dealership in a small, rural town: B&B Ford in Barnwell, SC. All my dealings have been with Billy Baldwin, the Digital Sales and Marketing Manager (bandbford.sales@gmail.com). So far, all our communications have been via e-mail (except for one phone call when I gave my info for the deposit charge). The ordering documents have just gone back and forth via e-mail. The first time I will probably set foot in the dealership will be when I go collect the car (about a 45 minute drive).

The price quoted was fine with me. Invoice (which I independently verified), minus $2,500, and no BS documentation fee. Any questions I had were answered almost instantly. Billy offered a free “concierge service” (for a Fiesta?!?) for whenever the car needed to go in for future servicing, but I think I will do that driving myself. Plus he proactively got me on the queue for the ST Octane Academy. As soon as Ford notified him of the VIN, he shot me an e-mail. This is better service than I have gotten from some Porsche dealerships.

The FiST should be showing up by late April. Probably it will be one of the Last of the Mohicans.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Good Job, ya mine was a special order as well 2018 Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros, Ebony Wheels. Came out to $19678 before tax and lic . I was about to drop 5k in discounts on it due to timing of arrival. I got an unexpected 2k off. private cash offer.
But ya Same kinda deal with me lots of dealers wanted to sell me a car on there lot that did not have the exact options I wanted. Lol even the largest volume dealer in the world was reluctant to order for me.
Wound up at a smaller dealer that was part of the Autonation group. Dealt with the Fleet Manager it was a great experience.

Welcome to the forum amd the Orange Spice Club!

The order bank for specifically ordering a Fiesta built just as you want it closes on May 19th. From then on the plant will be assembling the orders received until complete. Production will probably wrap in late June. I wonder who will buy the final car?

OP
SCMike
Thread Starter #7
2019 Fist - Slo Mo Build

Has anyone else been tracking their 2019 FiST build? For me it has been like watching paint dry. Ford accepted my special order on Jan 25. The car went into build on Mar 20. It has been awaiting shipment since Apr 3. Estimated delivery date is May 5. I guess the delivery train will be touring the West before it gets to SC....if the US does not close the Border. Does not seem to be exactly a high priority with Ford. I have a mental image of the last FiSTs sitting in some back corner of the plant, with the hombres throwing a couple more parts on it when they have some spare time (lol).

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I guess the delivery train will be touring the West before it gets to SC....if the US does not close the Border. Does not seem to be exactly a high priority with Ford. I have a mental image of the last FiSTs sitting in some back corner of the plant, with the hombres throwing a couple more parts on it when they have some spare time (lol).[/QUOTE

I ordered my first FiST in March 2013 when the order bank opened. When built the car traveled by rail threw Puebla State and on to the Port of Veracruz continuing to the Port of Savannah. After arriving in port car sat there for a full week before it was picked up and trucked to Atlanta. ( 8 months from order to delivery)

Last edited:
OP
SCMike
Thread Starter #9
I ordered my first FiST in March 2013 when the order bank opened. When built the car traveled by rail threw Puebla State and on to the Port of Veracruz continuing to the Port of Savannah. After arriving in port car sat there for a full week before it was picked up and trucked to Atlanta. ( 8 months from order to delivery)
Whoa - I guess I have no grounds to grouse. First by train, then by ship, then by truck! Do they still do it that way? No wonder the estimated transit time is 32 days. Interesting....

My dealer said the order had to be next week, or not at all so. So time is short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the phrase tic-toc is appropriate now. I'm very happy with the 2016 I have. But , if I had the discretionary cash I would order another just to have one for later in life. In ten years these cars will be very rare. Most will be used up wreck's and parts availability will be nil as Ford shifts resources to the new paradigm.

I ordered mine online last year at Thanksgiving printed what I had ordered carried to the dealer for finalizing. Then it took all the way to the end of April to finally get it and it came by train .

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I ordered mine online last year at Thanksgiving printed what I had ordered carried to the dealer for finalizing. Then it took all the way to the end of April to finally get it and it came by train .
Sounds about right I ordered mine early March got build date end of May took delivery mid July.