Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Costco

[?|][?|][:(!][:(!] Yeah that was fun. I ordered my Pilot Sport A/3+ for my 15 FiST, I specifically stated that it was a ST and then I repeated myself. So I paid in advance and had them delivered to the store. Typical Costco try to scare away anyone who wants tires, OH it will be a long wait. Soooooo I finally get the the front counter, and I asked do you still have my tires OH yes that said and here they are. Great I give them my keys and 15 minutes later WE have a problem, those tires are not rated for a Ford Fiesta St you have W speed rating and these are V rated tires. Funny Tire Rack states that these tires are OK and it seems that most people here like them for there FiST as well. So if I want the only other tire that they sell it will be double. Yeah that is my rant

So my question is how are people putting the Pilot's on their cars and not having the Tire Police come arrest you at your house?
What tires are people putting on their Fiesta St?

Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd ask them what time they got off work? Then proceed to follow that up with a so I can whoop yo ass Ma'facka! If you have bought your tires already...just bring them somewhere else and get them installed. When are you ever going to go 149 mph? I occasionally get it up to 100MPH.....but I don't think id ever try to blow the doors off and go 149mph +. .....Get your money back if you can.....Go to Discount tire and get better service....That's what id do...IMO.[ridinghorse]

Last edited:
just bring them the wheels off of the car and tell them it's for a base fiesta or something. personally I'm not taking a performance car to costco

OP
Old Rally fan
Thread Starter #4
Yeah those are great ideas I did not think of that I did get a refund, and I lost my 130 in discounts, so I went to Tire Rack and I checked out there tires,The Potenza's are on sale for 167, Costco has them for 253 they would not match their price. The Firestorm Firehawks look good as well. 100 bucks each they are cheaper.

I took my bucket to Les Schwab, they mounted my Achilles ATR Sport 205/40ZR17 84W tires no questions asked

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You could show them that the Fiesta ST comes right from the factory with those 'only' V-rated, Pilot Sport AS/3s, just like mine , and MANY others did, when you order the all seasons tires instead of the W-rated 'Stones!! [wink]

CSM

1000 Post Club
Yeah those are great ideas I did not think of that I did get a refund, and I lost my 130 in discounts, so I went to Tire Rack and I checked out there tires,The Potenza's are on sale for 167, Costco has them for 253 they would not match their price. The Firestorm Firehawks look good as well. 100 bucks each they are cheaper.
Get the firehawks. They are way more sporty of a tire and less expensive.

Unfortunately its a matter of lawyers being involved. I installed tires at Sam's Club for 6 years and they coached us on the same thing....make sure size, speed rating, everything is exact match to OEM or else deny install. I'd let it slide most times

Which one did you go to? I just got new tires for the xB from Costco and waited two weeks after being told it would take 4 days. I got fed up and drive down there, and they said only two shipped. I had to ask them to check real fast, and what do you know, they had all 4.. They then made it a big deal as if they were doing me a huge favor to mount and balance them that day.

I asked them to balance within 0 because nothing less than perfect for the wife right? Took it to my shop and checked the job. All wheels were off by a quarter. Not happy with them. [thumbdown]

I had pretty much the exact same thing happen a couple years ago when trying to get tires mounted at the Moreno Valley Costco, they mentioned something about liability or something, which makes sense I guess. I think the guy helping me was just trying to lessen their load too, as they do have to deal with a lot of people there for tires. Either way I took my business elsewhere.

OP
Old Rally fan
Thread Starter #12
I went to Firestone Tire today, and the Firehawks Indy 500 were 93 dollars each, so far so good and now the rub, they wanted 75 dollars For Lifetime Balance , and 52 dollars for Road Hazard Protection. Plus other fees. So grand total is 584.78 or basically the same price that Costco was charging.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I went to Firestone Tire today, and the Firehawks Indy 500 were 93 dollars each, so far so good and now the rub, they wanted 75 dollars For Lifetime Balance , and 52 dollars for Road Hazard Protection. Plus other fees. So grand total is 584.78 or basically the same price that Costco was charging.
52 road hazard can come in useful. Lifetime balance is meh

[?|][?|][:(!][:(!] Yeah that was fun. I ordered my Pilot Sport A/3+ for my 15 FiST, I specifically stated that it was a ST and then I repeated myself. So I paid in advance and had them delivered to the store. Typical Costco try to scare away anyone who wants tires, OH it will be a long wait. Soooooo I finally get the the front counter, and I asked do you still have my tires OH yes that said and here they are. Great I give them my keys and 15 minutes later WE have a problem, those tires are not rated for a Ford Fiesta St you have W speed rating and these are V rated tires. Funny Tire Rack states that these tires are OK and it seems that most people here like them for there FiST as well. So if I want the only other tire that they sell it will be double. Yeah that is my rant

So my question is how are people putting the Pilot's on their cars and not having the Tire Police come arrest you at your house?
What tires are people putting on their Fiesta St?

Thanks
I had the same issue a couple months ago. I had no idea it was nation wide Costco policy. Same car, same year and the Potenzas were shot. Went in, placed my order, paid in advance and listened to this a$$clown explain to me for better than 10 minutes about the "V vs W" nonsense. The speed ratings were not the argument, just their stupid effen policy. I ended up telling telling the idjit to STFU order the tires and call me when they are ready to mount. I had to call them to find out they were in after a week of waiting. I took the FIST in and got some more attitude, but, the new sneakers went on. Like you , I went for the $130 discount and glad I did. These tires really are well worth the aggravation. A couple of minor points: more road noise and about a 10% mpg decrease. These tires just seem to have more bite than the original rubber.

costco does really cheap and good quality mounting. they're just a pain in the ass about it. I think they might even use roadforce balancers.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
costco does really cheap and good quality mounting. they're just a pain in the ass about it. I think they might even use roadforce balancers.
I wouldn't do a balance without roadforce on a car that is performance orientated.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had the same issue a couple months ago. I had no idea it was nation wide Costco policy. Same car, same year and the Potenzas were shot. Went in, placed my order, paid in advance and listened to this a$$clown explain to me for better than 10 minutes about the "V vs W" nonsense. The speed ratings were not the argument, just their stupid effen policy. I ended up telling telling the idjit to STFU order the tires and call me when they are ready to mount. I had to call them to find out they were in after a week of waiting. I took the FIST in and got some more attitude, but, the new sneakers went on. Like you , I went for the $130 discount and glad I did. These tires really are well worth the aggravation. A couple of minor points: more road noise and about a 10% mpg decrease. These tires just seem to have more bite than the original rubber.
Pilot Sport AS/3+es??

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
It’s better, but I bet you couldn’t tell the difference in blind test.
I did on my wrx. I didn't know anything about it myself until a friend suggested it after I told him about a vibration I had. Also solved a highway vibration my friend was having on his '18 wrx after he put all seasons on.

It might or might not make a diff, it all depends on how bad or good a tire/rim is. When I bought the michelin x ice, they didn't need any repositioning via roadforce. The shop told me that michelins more often than not, don't need much to balance out.