Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbos from other cars a possibility?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have a small 13G from an auto Gen1 DSM.

Those put out about 180hp on a 2.0 @ 12?psi.... I figured it was bigger than the stocker and could be pushed for more boost.

Everybody basically told that turbo was old school trash.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I remember those, also came in the mitsu eclipse, did you install it? same manifold ?

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I read one of the forums about a dude putting a td04 19t on his but the amount of fab work is unbelievable.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I mean, theoretically, as long as the flange is the same and uses the same size fire ring gasket... You SHOULD be able to "bolt" it on. you will probably need to make custom coolant / oil feed and returns, and fab a downpipe. Alternatively you could mod the stock manifold / buy a BP racing manifold and change the flange on that to use another type of turbo (Evo, STi, etc).

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I mean, theoretically, as long as the flange is the same and uses the same size fire ring gasket... You SHOULD be able to "bolt" it on. you will probably need to make custom coolant / oil feed and returns, and fab a downpipe. Alternatively you could mod the stock manifold / buy a BP racing manifold and change the flange on that to use another type of turbo (Evo, STi, etc).
This. You can also run and adapter sandwich plate. Spaces turbo out and adds another interface with potential boost leak.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
We already have enough places where the stock turbo system leaks... Cheap wastegate, symposer etc. I don't really wanna create more potential leaks. Can you machine out the stock turbo and put a bigger turbine in it? Then I could just fix the wastegate with a better on and do a symposer delete.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
We already have enough places where the stock turbo system leaks... Cheap wastegate, symposer etc. I don't really wanna create more potential leaks. Can you machine out the stock turbo and put a bigger turbine in it? Then I could just fix the wastegate with a better on and do a symposer delete.

there are plenty of hybrid turbos on the market, which is what you seem to want to build. But yes you could do it.