Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Getting control of the brake dust disaster | Product/Process Comparison Test

I love clean wheels so my biggest issue along with most is the amount of brake dust. Granted I am happy with the stock pads for the time being (will change to something different in the future), However most people will not change their pads until necessary and when they do it will be a stock replacement. So with that in mind I am going to coat each spoke of my black rota slipstreams (front) with different products so that we can get a definitive answer as to what the better options are to fight brake dust.

Please let me know in response what methods/products everybody wants to use to compare. I will put my own money in (within reason of course) to get suggested products, but if anyone can spare a quarter size amount of what they have and want to test in comparison that would be awesome.

So let the product suggestion and/or home remedies fly.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I love clean wheels so my biggest issue along with most is the amount of brake dust. Granted I am happy with the stock pads for the time being (will change to something different in the future), However most people will not change their pads until necessary and when they do it will be a stock replacement. So with that in mind I am going to coat each spoke of my black rota slipstreams (front) with different products so that we can get a definitive answer as to what the better options are to fight brake dust.

Please let me know in response what methods/products everybody wants to use to compare. I will put my own money in (within reason of course) to get suggested products, but if anyone can spare a quarter size amount of what they have and want to test in comparison that would be awesome.

So let the product suggestion and/or home remedies fly.
Mckee's wheel coating

https://www.autogeek.net/wheel-coating.html?channelid=BIZRA

Basically a ceramic coating but especially made for wheels.

Would be interested to see how one of those cheap ceramic products perform. My friend just ordered some stuff from china off of AliExpress. I think it was $9. It's not specifically made for wheels.

I wonder if there's really anything different between specially formulated ones. I know if you do the brakes calipers, it would need to hold up to the high heat.

koozy

3000 Post Club
good luck. Rota Slipstreams have a matte finish, not really conducive to dust prevention/reduction coatings.

OP
TheCartDesigner
Thread Starter #4
Luckily I have had the slipstreams on long enough and cleaned them enough to know that any testing in this instance should easily yield a discernible outcome in comparison to any other wheel which should be relative in regards.