Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Stage 2 OTS - Need Colder Plugs?

I just installed my new AP and loaded the Stage 2 91 octane map. I like the result but will probably end up going with a custom Dizzy tune.

While I run the Cobb tune, do I need the step colder plugs that Dizzy recommends for their Stage 2 tunes?

No, I ran Cobb stage 2 with OEM plugs for several thousand miles before getting a Dizzy tune and had no drive-ability issues. I did install colder plugs for the Dizzy tunes (93 and E30) but have not tried them with the Cobb tune. It runs so much better I have no desire to switch back [:)]

No, I ran Cobb stage 2 with OEM plugs for several thousand miles before getting a Dizzy tune and had no drive-ability issues. I did install colder plugs for the Dizzy tunes (93 and E30) but have not tried them with the Cobb tune. It runs so much better I have no desire to switch back [:)]
can you elaborate on the better. As somebody a few weeks into being stage 2 off the shelf cobb I'm curious what gets better?

On my last fiesta here in SoCal on 91 I would get knock around 20psi on the stage 2 setup. Went with ngk 1 heat range colder and was able to see 20.5psi and 21 on occasion with less knock. Stratified sells e30 tunes and I highly recommend their tunes if you want more performance, earlier boost, 25psi even in the heat, and a cheaper tank of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can you elaborate on the better. As somebody a few weeks into being stage 2 off the shelf cobb I'm curious what gets better?
Throttle response is improved, a bit more boost/power, and the engine feels smoother. Just a seat of the pants opinion as I don't have dyno sheets or other hard numbers but it was a difference I immediately noticed! I think the Cobb tune is simply very conservative. E30 is all that plus more, worth it if you have E85 pumps nearby.

Generally it's recommended to go ahead and just grab a set of step colder plugs if you're tuned in general. I'd argue it's perhaps even more important on a Cobb OTS tune since their knock response in general is dialed back a bit too much for my taste.