Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

I completed my Whoosh Hybrid (14 PSI TurboSmart and Plumb Back TurboSmart) install on Saturday. Took me about 8 hours including lunch and trip to store for manifold nut I dropped.

Running a JST tune from Brian and collected my data logs and sent them Sunday. Waiting for an email back.

First impressions are VERY happy with the performance and sound of the system. I'm running this setup on a complete COBB stage 3 setup.

Also dropped down to 16" Sparco wheels with 215/45 Federals that hooked very well.

I'll send more details after the next tune is flashed.

The mountune catted downpipe could work with whoosh hybrid turbo and the FSWERKS exhaust? (That is my final goal for the FiST, Stage 3, but if there is any chance to go further, maybe I will take the risk lol of big turbo)

The mountune catted downpipe could work with whoosh hybrid turbo and the FSWERKS exhaust? (That is my final goal for the FiST, Stage 3, but if there is any chance to go further, maybe I will take the risk lol of big turbo)
My best understanding at the moment it a big turbo is only useful if you plan on upgrading your fuel system. The stock fuel system is good to around 300 HP on 93 and a little over that on E30 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Also the hybrid retains drive-ability because it spools up very similar to the stock and feel good down low.

I've run 4 different maps through JST so far and am waiting on the next map to come I assume today. I can definitely say I couldn't be happier and the Whoosh Hybrid setup was worth every penny.

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but I can honestly say the set-up I'm running has really transformed the FiST into something else. I can't wait for a little warmer weather so my tires get nice and sticky!

Subscribed. Looks like a great product. Currently my top choice for when I plan to go hybrid turbo in a year or so.
That's awesome! You won't be disappointed.

Ron at Whoosh has been really great about taking phone calls and answering questions and if you plan on doing the install yourself I can pass along my notes and give you some tips if it might help.

I'm trying not to get too excited in my typing because I'm just another worked up FiST owner who has experienced what is possible with these little 1.6l Eco-beasts!

But it's 100% all grins all the time right now and I love the closed system sounds and turbo whine when you're cranking boost and running it out to red-line (which is also different if you know what I mean).

forgive for perhaps a daft question, but the $1499 does not include a core deposit? So it's $1499 - $200 = $1299, then an additional 10% off with the forum discount?

forgive for perhaps a daft question, but the $1499 does not include a core deposit? So it's $1499 - $200 = $1299, then an additional 10% off with the forum discount?
Per the listing for the turbo, there won’t be any discounts accepted for the purchase of a turbo.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #92
correct on the price $1499 outright purchase then once you send in your stock or if you send in your stock for a core refund of $200 the purchase is really $1299
We do not accept discounts on this turbo kit, it's already the lowest cost, best performing hybrid available
Our sponsored driver with aux fuel is now making 334 whp on e50 with our hybrid putting it through the paces of maxing it out to see the true capabilities and durability

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #94
Just saw someone ran a 12.1 @116.9 on your website with this turbo, that’s incredible! Just what I was looking for. Was this run on ethanol and aux fuel?
correct!
Wesley is making between 330-340whp on our hybrid using e50 ethanol mixed with 91
He went 12.1 @ 116MPH
As far as we know he has made the quickest and fastest pass with a hybrid turbo equipped Fiesta here in the USA. He's less than one tenth of a second away from the worldwide ET record and has smashed anyone with MPH at 116.9MPH
We are really happy with his results.

correct!
Wesley is making between 330-340whp on our hybrid using e50 ethanol mixed with 91
He went 12.1 @ 116MPH
As far as we know he has made the quickest and fastest pass with a hybrid turbo equipped Fiesta here in the USA. He's less than one tenth of a second away from the worldwide ET record and has smashed anyone with MPH at 116.9MPH
We are really happy with his results.
That’s so good to hear and see! This is my definite next modification with bigger brakes of course. Do you know if this was 4 port or single port aux?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #96
That’s so good to hear and see! This is my definite next modification with bigger brakes of course. Do you know if this was 4 port or single port aux?
it was with the Peron 4-port kit

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #97
literally plastered everywhere on Facebook and Instagram so I wanted to share here on the forum
Our sponsored driver Wesley continues to push our hybrid to new levels. It's quite impressive!
His Fiesta ST is dialed in along with great tuning by JST.
He will chime in later with specific mod details but essentially it's a fully equipped whoosh parts car with Peron 4 port aux fuel and now a 35 shot of nitrous. What an animal!
On to the results!

Back to the dyno today for this Whoosh Motorsports hybrid turbo Brian Tysontuned Fiesta. 348whp and 350wtq on the aux fuel (e50) only.
This is the exact same tune up and fuel i had on my 12.14 @ 116.9 run. Aux fuel on e50.
I hit it with a 35 shot of nitrous and it made 403whp and 413wtq. Temps where in the high 80s with high humidity. Huge thank you to Casey Story and Mike Mayopoulos for a timely, super clean install.

WOW!

Wesley's plan is to hit the track to break the worldwide Fiesta hybrid 1/4 mile record w/o nitrous then get in the mid 11's on the hybrid with 35 shot. I believe he can do it!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Wow, those numbers are insane! For a light car like the FiST, that makes it comparable to heavier performance vehicles with higher numbers.

I'm bone stock for the most part (only have a cobb rmm and a boomba short shift adapter), but can certainly appreciate what the car is capable of with the right parts. [emoji106]

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros