Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Nice. What was your setup for the car? Whoosh hybrid, 11psi wga?, BOV? DP? Intake? @Eddie0513

Looks like a crossover pipe and injen intake....
Whoosh hybrid, 11psi wga, kompact shorty plumb back, whoosh 3" catless, injen intake, whoosh crossover pipe, one step colder sp's, whoosh v2 intercooler, whoosh intercooler hoses etc etc

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #142
THIS IS NOT A BIG TURBO! Its a Hybrid setup....This is misleading others....
I think it's just a Youtube video not intended for confusion or misleading customers to a product its not
Although the turbo is most definitely BIGger than stock
The Edge Auto guy made the video, not the car owner or whoosh motorsports

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think it's just a Youtube video not intended for confusion or misleading customers to a product its not
Although the turbo is most definitely BIGger than stock
The Edge Auto guy made the video, not the car owner or whoosh motorsports
I know that....not the Owners fault. The "Tuner" should know the Nomenclature.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

there are quite a bit of our hybrids out in the field now and there are more results popping up every day
here's a really good example I wanted to share tuned by Jason Chazba of Dizzy Tuning - Customer is from Maine

The actual dyno sheet is from a Mustang heartbreaker / fuel used 93 octane
We then dropped the log from this run into VDyno for a "dynojet number" comparison which everyone loves. The figures are SAE by the way and quite impressive

Is this a forum member’s car?

The supporting mods for the Whoosh Hybrid Turbo included a Whoosh Crossover Pipe and Short RAM intake, along with a Mountune Induction Hose. A Depo Racing intercooler. Turbosmart 11PSI WGA and Komact Shortie Recirculating Valve. I also have the hot side "J" pipe from Whoosh Motorsports installed.

Stock Downpipe. Thermal Catback Exhaust. I'm sure I'd have better numbers with a higher flowing downpipe...but you know...California. lol

Tuned since the car had 700 miles. Hybrid Turbo Went on at about 17,500 miles January 5, 2020. ....Currently at 24,700 miles March 20, 2020.

Irrelevant as far as power goes but I also have the Whoosh RMM installed and a Mountune Rad.

I have some Falken Azenis RT615K+ 215/45/16 and the tires hook well. No traction issues when doing pulls with the TC off on 3rd Gear

------------

Got my final revision done for e30 by Adam/ Tune+.

I was originally tuned by another tuner but decided to see what Adam could do for my Fiesta. My Focus RS is also tuned by him. Dude was a pleasure to work with. I received quick responses to every question sent his way and got revisions quick. Purchased my Tune on March 12,2020 ...last revision was sent today March 20, 2020

Here's a couple of vDyno's from my final tune revision from Adam -Red Line. Blue line is from my previous tuner who was also great to work with. The Red/Blue lines were done from 3rd gear data logs while the Green line was off of a 4th gear data log from the Tune Plus map. Save for the significant gains in terms of power and torque, another thing that stood out to me was the E30 tune from Tune+ doesn't lean out as much. From what I was told, as long as the AFR isn't in the high 13's up top, its fine. The Tune+ tune was at 13.1 AFR at over 6784RPM while my previous tuner had it on the high side at 13.7 AFR at 6730RPM per the data logs for the two tunes while doing a third gear pull. With Adam's tune, I was at 12.6 AFR at 6674 RPM. Its good to have that peace of mind.

------

Earlier today, I data logged on a straight road and got 301/303. I didn't get a chance to run it back the other way. I would think any sort of grade from the road would result in a significant difference between two vdyno's off of data logs so I'm not bothering to post that vdyno.

The third vdyno has data logs of me doing a pull from Point A to point B, then from Point B to point A. Like I said earlier, if the road has an incline...it should show on the vdyno (with one of the lines reading much higher than the other line). As you guys can see, difference is 1 whp and 4 ft. lbs of torque. The road I had done data logs on for the vehicle was pretty level.

Attachments

Last edited:
About to install mine, how's the reliability been for everyone? Anyone track their car with one of these? Little worried about blowing a motor from heat. Debating WMI to help

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
@ron@whoosh Is there any discernible benefit to the "trac spec" cerakoted turbo? Faster spool and such compared to the plain whoosh turbo?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Nope. Same exact unit but with stronger hardware and a heat resistant cerakote layer on it.
So for somebody that's DDing, and not pushing the turbo to the ragged edge, no benefit?

I'm leaning further away from the S280 and considering the whoosh because it seems to be easier to install, hits peak torque sooner, and is a little cheaper. I don't plan on additional fueling, and may not add anything besides an upgraded intercooler.

I'm seeing dyno numbers above 300whp/wtq, but I'd be okay with a minimum of 260whp. I'm making about 200whp on a cold day with E30 and no additional mods. In this heat I'm seeing as low as 175whp on E30 with the Cobb estimator. Kinda depressing.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
new results :love:
whoosh hybrid with XDI HPFP + 30% injectors
on Cali gas e40 mix , 94 degree outside temp
Is the turbo running out of breath above 6000rpm?

Looks like it's still making 270whp to redline, and over 300wtq from 3150rpm to 5k. That's a nice broad curve.

Se7eN

So for somebody that's DDing, and not pushing the turbo to the ragged edge, no benefit?

I'm leaning further away from the S280 and considering the whoosh because it seems to be easier to install, hits peak torque sooner, and is a little cheaper. I don't plan on additional fueling, and may not add anything besides an upgraded intercooler.

I'm seeing dyno numbers above 300whp/wtq, but I'd be okay with a minimum of 260whp. I'm making about 200whp on a cold day with E30 and no additional mods. In this heat I'm seeing as low as 175whp on E30 with the Cobb estimator. Kinda depressing.
A friend is running 269whp on 93oct on the whoosh (in the tropical heat). Did 300+whp on meth. On a real dyno btw.

Se7eN

new results :love:
whoosh hybrid with XDI HPFP + 30% injectors
on Cali gas e40 mix , 94 degree outside temp
I believe that what happened there at the end of the graph is that he hit the limiter. tends to make for an uglier graph. A quick excel edit of the part where it hits the limiter and it will look much better