Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #61
Glad to hear these are selling and pleasing customers.

I've been following this thread and am interested in more data beyond the initial dyno plot posted....is more info coming? It would be epic to see dyno sheets/results for a 93 pump gas tune and an e30 tune, the only thing presented so far is the "91 plus a few gallons of 100" info which isn't what most folks will be putting in their cars. Also would love to hear about install experience, drivability, etc. Any more info/reviews would be awesome.

I realize there is more info on Facebook but could it be posted here as well?

Thanks and congrats again, looks like we have a big win here!

[biggrin]
Agreed on all points! I mentioned basically same thing on FB
I will comment on the install
Our hybrid is stock frame / cover and turbine so all components bolt right up like stock.

We've gone a few steps beyond others and provide FORD OEM turbo drain gasket, downpipe bolts x3, turbo to manifold fire ring, and turbo to downpipe fire ring for a easy hassle free install
You don't have to order parts ahead of time to prepare for the install of this turbo, it's included in the kit and purchase price.

I was planning to include brass crush washers for the oil feed and both coolant lines as well but they are not available separate from Ford. They can only be obtained as part of the line when purchased complete otherwise I would have them included as well. So please be careful with the crush washers during your disassembly, and reassembly processes folks

This sounds kinda cool, do you know what your zero to 60 times are now?
Probably not very good haha. I just have all season 205-50-15 tires. It shreds in second gear pretty hard. I am honestly not sure what the 0-60 time is.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #64
Our sponsored car/driver Wesley was at the track today

Here's the write up:

Track Time! Wesley Slater Lovelace putting in the work with our Fiesta ST 1.6L hybrid turbo today at Thunder Valley.
Great day to crush any of the previous records we are aware of that were posted from any other hybrid turbo tuned with COBB software, raced here in the USA regardless of modifications to the car. That may sound like a mouthful but we are proving the worthiness of a new product and are doing so in stages. Wesley has all of his seats in the car (just pulled out the "hatch stuff" for weight reduction) and is still on the OEM Direct Injection fuel system.
Our next step is adding the Peron 4-Port Aux fuel system to Wesley's car to push the limit of the whoosh Fiesta hybrid rather than the OEM fuel system.
Then back to the track for even quicker times!

3 passes were made today 12.6, 12.5, and another 12.5 fastest MPH is 111
great day for Wesley Slater Lovelace , JST-Performance for the great tuning and support, and whoosh motorsports. Thanks everyone for the effort and work! Pics and videos below

Wesley's Fiesta is equipped with full bolt-ons from whoosh motorsports
>hybrid turbocharger upgrade and large bore inlet (14psi wga/TurboSmart plumb back BOV)
>V2 front mount intercooler
>V2 catless downpipe
>intercooler boost hoses with hot side j-pipe
>crossover pipe kit
>silicone induction hose
>silicone symposer delete
additional modifications include:
VUDU cnc ported manifold, custom 3" exhaust w/Kooks muffler, ITG intake kit, AWR rear motor mount, COBB Accessport V3, NGK 6510 spark plugs .025 gap, M&H 23x7.5x15 racing slicks

I assume this would be somewhere around a 95 octane then? Assuming you were aiming for some kind of a specific octane mix.
without a provided ratio I wouldn't assume anything as this is dangerous. The times the car ran are great, but who knows what to expect from 93 or E30.

without a provided ratio I wouldn't assume anything as this is dangerous. The times the car ran are great, but who knows what to expect from 93 or E30.
My assumption was based around the tuning that went into this. Asking because saying you throw a few gallons of E85 in is a simple way of explaining an E30 mix. Moreso wanted to get info on if they went for a specific mix.

we have no idea if he ended up with 92 octane or 97 octane based on info provided. that's all I'm saying. because it's possible no ethanol is even in his tank it might be using way less duty cycle on the injectors / fuel system allowing things you can't do on a stock fuel system with E30

we have no idea if he ended up with 92 octane or 97 octane based on info provided. that's all I'm saying. because it's possible no ethanol is even in his tank it might be using way less duty cycle on the injectors / fuel system allowing things you can't do on a stock fuel system with E30
Yeah I get it... which is why Im asking in case there is more info that wasnt thrown out, like in this instance the potential for an actual mix. Never know unless you ask. I felt it was worth the question.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Nah, another tuner using e20 was hitting the same ~315hp on another hybrid so it strongly appears the additional cooling effect of ethanol offsets the additional fuel needed so you still end up around the same power as the stock fuel limit either way... So likely, either e20 or e0 mixed to 95 octane is going to max the stock fuel system out using any turbo capable of making that much power or more.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #73
there are quite a bit of our hybrids out in the field now and there are more results popping up every day
here's a really good example I wanted to share tuned by Jason Chazba of Dizzy Tuning - Customer is from Maine

The actual dyno sheet is from a Mustang heartbreaker / fuel used 93 octane
We then dropped the log from this run into VDyno for a "dynojet number" comparison which everyone loves. The figures are SAE by the way and quite impressive

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Jason of Dizzy is an amazing tuner. How he extracts so much power while having such a smooth and refined character is awesome. Can't recommend him enough no matter what turbo you are running. Would love to see what he could do with this turbo on ethanol, apparently e20, yes twenty, is the sweet spot to max out the stock fuel system.

i just got the Whoosh turbo in a few days ago and i am on Adam's 2nd tune for the turbo. i did a quick log on my way back from the actual logs because i wanted a run that was as flat as possible for the most accurate results. i smoothed the hell out of it to temper expectations. 93 octane.

my engine mods so far are:

MAP downpipe, intake, intercooler
Tune+ wastegate
GFB DV

Screenshot (6).png

I've been doing all the research I can on this new turbo option and will likely purchase one within a year. I didn't see a 3" exhaust recommended on the parts list, and don't want to start a pipe diameter debacle, but would like to know if the stock piping size will cause wastegate flapping issues like it does on the stock turbo.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #77
I've been doing all the research I can on this new turbo option and will likely purchase one within a year. I didn't see a 3" exhaust recommended on the parts list, and don't want to start a pipe diameter debacle, but would like to know if the stock piping size will cause wastegate flapping issues like it does on the stock turbo.
your OEM exhaust will actually work just fine but we do suggest adding a hi flow catted or catless downpipe when installing the turbo