Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
Amazing piece Ron, thank you for your constant innovation!

Power seems very good for an hybrid, very comparable to the others from my understanding, but I have a question: you're saying it maxes out the fuel pump of the car, but I thought the max was around 350WHP on pump gas? I'm sure as an hybrid, it makes a lot of power early in comparison, but I'm pretty sure I saw some people around here pushing 320++WHP on bigger non-hybrid.

I don't want to piss on your parade or anything, I'm just wondering about that claim, that is all.

Nonetheless, it's a very interesting turbo at a very interesting price, can't wait to see actual results!
I truly wish that was possible but it's not
no matter what turbo you have installed that can flow enough air will run out of fuel just around 300whp give or take depending on fuel, dyno, elevation unless you are adding fuel in some way
and to be specific, the HPFP, not the low pressure fuel pump

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
just to give you an idea
we are seeing 32.5 lb/min just peeking at 27 psi on 91 octane
not sure how that compares to some others at that psi on the same fuel but it seems to be making really good power

have a few guys hitting dynos this weekend with some good fuel as well so results shouldn't be long now
the lack of actual dyno sheets hasn't stopped a lot of you as I'm neck deep in orders for these things already so thank you for the support ! [rockon]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
OK dyno time this morning going quite well

literally the first pull ever on any dyno with a whoosh hybrid turbo made 310whp/353wtq
stock fuel system
still fine tuning and will post graphs in a little while both standard and SAE

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
OK dyno time this morning going quite well

literally the first pull ever on any dyno with a whoosh hybrid turbo made 310whp/353wtq
stock fuel system
still fine tuning and will post graphs in a little while both standard and SAE

What's ambient temps and elevation, do you know off the top of your head?

who is the tuner on this one? It would be nice if you could offer a map (from a tuner) for a turbo to minimize custom turning costs.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
who is the tuner on this one? It would be nice if you could offer a map (from a tuner) for a turbo to minimize custom turning costs.
By providing a tune it opens up the seller to a poop-ton of extra liability that he probably *really* doesn't want. You can't make one tune that is going to fit everyone's mods/fuel/etc., and even if he included a map "just for driving to your closest tuner" people are still going to go out and drive hard on that base map, blow something, and complain about the seller. It's much safer for them to say "a custom tune is required".

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #29
impossible really without risks due to too many variables unless you wanted a really soft and super safe tune like the COBB OTS 's

I’m thinking whoosh V2 intercooler and the turbo kit. Call it a base map that needs final tuning.

Se7eN

By providing a tune it opens up the seller to a poop-ton of extra liability that he probably *really* doesn't want. You can't make one tune that is going to fit everyone's mods/fuel/etc., and even if he included a map "just for driving to your closest tuner" people are still going to go out and drive hard on that base map, blow something, and complain about the seller. It's much safer for them to say "a custom tune is required".
this is very true, considering different altitudes, ambient temps and humidity

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #37
graphs are posted on FB
give me a min

i'll post here in a minute
314/351 standard
304/340 SAE
flowing 32.5lbs/min right at 27psi
tune is not 100% complete but certainly good enough for the first showing
fuel used is 91 octane with a few gallons of 100 unleaded added - JST Tuned
Wesley does not use E85 so this was his choice

There will be various 93, e30 graphs coming from other customers soon enough

stay tuned
very pleased with the results - thanks all who commented [party]

*edit*
here's the sheet
I have a pic of the SAE (which looks the same but says 304/340 also if you'd like that posted as well

CSM

1000 Post Club
graphs are posted on FB
give me a min

i'll post here in a minute
314/351 standard
304/340 SAE
flowing 32.5lbs/min right at 27psi
tune is not 100% complete but certainly good enough for the first showing
fuel used is 91 octane with a few gallons of 100 unleaded added
Wesley does not use E85 so this was his choice

There will be various 93, e30 graphs coming from other customers soon enough

stay tuned
very pleased with the results - thanks all who commented [party]
Looking forward to more results!!! Early indications show this is def a winner [rockon][rockon][rockon]