Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh motorsports Hybrid Turbo pics, installs, results, dynos, reviews, thread......

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Starting this thread now since as of tomorrow a few of our customers will officially have possession of our turbos.

Link to product: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/ford-fiesta-st-turbo/products/whoosh-hybrid-turbo-upgrade-2014-2019-fiesta-st-1-6l

After months of R&D working with one of the top turbo builders in the USA, we have a NEW and different hybrid turbo for the Fiesta ST
The whoosh Hybrid features include:
Easy DIRECT BOLT ON - fits exactly like stock
Proprietary Billet Hi-Flow Compressor Wheel with modified backing/seal plate
Proprietary Cast Hi-Flow Exhaust Wheel
Heavy Duty thrust bearing assembly
Machined, Assembled, and Digitally Balanced in the USA
304 Large Mouth Stainless Turbo Inlet Included
OEM Ford oil drain gasket, turbo to manifold fire ring, and turbo to downpipe fire ring gaskets Included
Easily Max out the factory Fiesta ST "DI" Direct Injection fuel system *est 280whp 93oct / 300whp e30 *results pending*
320whp potential with proper auxiliary fueling and tuning *results pending*
Optional wastegates and bypass valve upgrades using the drop down menus

Supporting Modifications and Tuning
whoosh motorsports suggests the following modifications to maximize the power potential of our hybrid turbo. These modifications are the minimum requirements. Adding additional performance modifications will result in more power with proper tuning

- performance drop in filter or air intake kit

- performance intercooler upgrade

- catless 3" downpipe or hi-flow catted 3" downpipe

- COBB Accessport V3 with a custom calibration from TunePlus Inc, JST, Stratified, or Dizzy Tuning, based on your modifications and fuel used

Installation and Break In
Professional installation if highly suggested. Use the new oil drain gasket, manifold to turbo, and turbo to downpipe fire ring gaskets provided during installation. Fresh 5W-30 Synthetic oil with a new filter is required at install as well. A turbo oil priming procedure is required before starting the vehicle. This prevents starting the turbo "dry" of oil which can damage the turbo's internal parts.

Oil Prime Procedure: push the gas and clutch pedals to the floor; and push the START button for about 10 seconds of it cranking. Make sure it's not in gear and never lift off the gas pedal. Do this 2-3 times and it will get oil where it needs to be without starting the car and running the turbo without oil in it

Once the turbo install and oil Prime Procedure are complete, start the vehicle, check for leaks and let idle for approx 15 minutes followed by normal driving for approx 50 miles before going wide open throttle. You must also have a base tune loaded from your tuner of choice before going wide open throttle as well. Other than working with your tuner to fine tune your hybrid based on the specific modifications and fuel you are using, the last part of the break in procedure is adding another fresh oil & filter service after 1500 miles driven using 5W-30 full synthetic oil

Core Turbo Value and Refunds
Turbo Core Value for stock turbos returned after your hybrid is installed is $200. Turning in a stock turbo for store credit or cash on your credit card/PayPal account is your decision. whoosh motorsports llc will accept core turbos from Fiesta owners even your turbo wasn't purchased from our store. Your stock turbo must be free of external and internal damage. No broken or cracked parts are accepted. Turbos are accepted regardless of mileage. Please contact us by email ron@whooshmotorsports.com for a return number and complete instructions.

Once your stock turbo is received and inspected, a $200 core refund will be processed to your credit card or PayPal account the same day as received.

Turbo Warranty
The whoosh Fiesta ST hybrid is a product of whoosh motorsports llc. We believe in our products and stand behind them. Our turbos are delivered to you with a 12 month, 12,000 mile warranty. Please follow our installation and tuning requirements carefully. whoosh motorsports will cover all costs of replacement and shipping ONLY (no labor) if there is ever a mechanical issue with our product during the warranty period. Installation errors, dry start up (no oil), and over spinning caused by improper tuning will not be covered under warranty. Do NOT exceed 26.5psi at anytime with the whoosh hybrid turbo, this is considered overspinning which will void the warranty. If there are any questions or concerns regarding our warranty please call us 610-334-2158

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Stage 3 with Whoosh Turbo = 280 whp (?)
from the first post

Easily Max out the factory Fiesta ST "DI" Direct Injection fuel system *est 280whp 93oct / 300whp e30 *results pending*

from the first post

We don’t have 93 in my country, can we use 91 Tune and run the turbo??

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
This is looking like a more affordable X47R, and from Whoosh, which is fantastic news!

I have a question that may seem silly, but I'll ask it anyways because I honestly do not know the answer.

With this (or a comparable) turbo and an auxiliary fuel system, would it be possible to attain 300whp or more on 93 octane, or is an ethanol tune required? 300whp is my end goal, but I have absolutely no interest in ethanol blends whatsoever. Thanks in advance.
before we get too far ahead of ourselves with numbers a few turbos were delivered today so numbers even if v-dyno should be popping up soon

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
Ron, excuse me if i ask too much, I don’t know too much about tuning. It is necessary to buy:

(I’m in the budget side)
cheapest set up is the Go Fast Bits w/11psi wastegate
both upgrades are needed. I only have the options to not purchase them in case the customer already has one of these upgrades in their possession already

Amazing piece Ron, thank you for your constant innovation!

Power seems very good for an hybrid, very comparable to the others from my understanding, but I have a question: you're saying it maxes out the fuel pump of the car, but I thought the max was around 350WHP on pump gas? I'm sure as an hybrid, it makes a lot of power early in comparison, but I'm pretty sure I saw some people around here pushing 320++WHP on bigger non-hybrid.

I don't want to piss on your parade or anything, I'm just wondering about that claim, that is all.

Nonetheless, it's a very interesting turbo at a very interesting price, can't wait to see actual results!