Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lets talk aftermarket shift knobs...

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have a direct fit aftermarket knob on my car right now. Id like to swap to another knob that isnt reverse lockout compatible.

What adapter actually works? I keep seeing that some sold for the Subaru WRX might work.

Post up your combos!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a direct fit aftermarket knob on my car right now. Id like to swap to another knob that isnt reverse lockout compatible.

What adapter actually works? I keep seeing that some sold for the Subaru WRX might work.

Post up your combos!

Why not reverse lockout? I have a Boomba and like it a lot with reverse lockout compatibility

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I think he's looking for solutions and options to use a non-Ford lockout knob on his Fiesta, while still retaining lockout function.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I think he's looking for solutions and options to use a non-Ford lockout knob on his Fiesta, while still retaining lockout function.
If he is, it's a peculiar way of expressing it. I also am not following.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post up your combos!

I’m running my battlecraft teardrop on a latheworks extension. The lathe works extension is great quality just be patient for it to come in mine took around 5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

So Subie adapters and knobs work on FiSTs?!

Good to know.

Sort of. It's the same thread pitch but the reverse lockout for subaru is a smaller diameter than the st/rs.

You need an adapter or extension that fits the reverse lockout then you can use any 12x1.25 knob.

I have an eBay reverse lockout adapter and twm extension topped with cobb sti knob.

This was before WC Lathe Werks was making adapter/extensions for us.

I will be ordering a new extension from him and I'm really liking the titanium but I can't justify the cost just yet.

He also started making reverse lockouts too!

So Subie adapters and knobs work on FiSTs?!

Good to know.

I don't think so. I think Subaru lockout is a smaller diameter. Not 100% sure.
What kind of knob are you looking for that you can't find with the correct reverse lockout?

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I ended up picking up a Torque Solutions adapter in silver. Looks like a nice piece.

My bubble shift knob came in as well. LOL

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
This thing is huge! I installed it this morning in the parking lot at work. Gonna see how i like it on the drive home.

D-Pro might like this.*

*(cause of mad jdm drift Nissans).

SST

Sort of. It's the same thread pitch but the reverse lockout for subaru is a smaller diameter than the st/rs.

You need an adapter or extension that fits the reverse lockout then you can use any 12x1.25 knob.

I have an eBay reverse lockout adapter and twm extension topped with cobb sti knob.

This was before WC Lathe Werks was making adapter/extensions for us.

I will be ordering a new extension from him and I'm really liking the titanium but I can't justify the cost just yet.

He also started making reverse lockouts too!

[MENTION=6466]DangerMouse[/MENTION] can you provide a link on ebay on which reverse lockout adapter would work? what spec should we type when searching in ebay?

what exactly is the difference between our knobs and Subaru's thread wise?

DangerMouse

[MENTION=6466]DangerMouse[/MENTION] can you provide a link on ebay on which reverse lockout adapter would work? what spec should we type when searching in ebay?

Both thread types are the same 12x1.25

Only difference is our reverse lockout is wider than subaru.

Here is the lockout adapter I have, looks like out of stock at the moment hence the high price, normally 19.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMS-BLACK-...588564&hash=item43ef0be630:g:5K0AAOSwNsdXRdpn

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17

Thread size/pitch is the same. They'll screw on just fine.

The issue is the size of the reverse lock-out slider: the Focus/Fiesta/Mustang is larger and needs a bigger opening than the Subaru shift knobs may have. You may not be able to get into reverse.

Maybe some aftermarket Subaru knobs might work. Which? No idea.

I had the silver version of this - worked great. $20 seems steep, but it will allow you to use any shift knob with the right thread size - not just one made with a reverse lockout space at the bottom.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
I had the silver version of this - worked great. $20 seems steep, but it will allow you to use any shift knob with the right thread size - not just one made with a reverse lockout space at the bottom.
Exactly the one i purchased from CJ Pony. The silver matches the factory trim too.