Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pilot Sport 4, Pilot Sport 4S, 595RS-PRO

Let me know which of these you’d choose. A PS4 in 205/40/17, a PS4S in 215/45/17, or the 595RS-PRO in 215/40/17. I’ve tried the RS-RR and hated the noise and soft sidewall. I’ve tried the Firehawk in 215/45 and 205/40 and didn’t like the lower grip and lighter steering. And so far the stockers turnin and feel are best. Let’s hear your experience with changing tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. I'd get that if it was offered in the size I needed.
Yeah, they keep on refusing to make these in any sizes we could effectively use, despite these cars being so popular/prolific in England/Europe/rest of world. [mad] [:(]

JorJorBinks; WHERE did you ever see a Pilot Sport 4 for sale in 205/40-17?!? [dunno]

OP
JorJorBinks
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, they keep on refusing to make these in any sizes we could effectively use, despite these cars being so popular/prolific in England/Europe/rest of world. [mad] [:(]

JorJorBinks; WHERE did you ever see a Pilot Sport 4 for sale in 205/40-17?!? [dunno]
The PS4 is for sale in the UK in our stock size of 205/40/17 and a few tire distributors here in SoCal can get ahold of them for roughly $170 a piece. Or you can also buy them off Ebay UK and pay the shipping which would end you up near $200 a tire shipped.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The PS4 is for sale in the UK in our stock size of 205/40/17 and a few tire distributors here in SoCal can get ahold of them for roughly $170 a piece. Or you can also buy them off Ebay UK and pay the shipping which would end you up near $200 a tire shipped.

Thats odd. Why aren't we able to get the Michelin in that size in the US?

OP
JorJorBinks
Thread Starter #7
I contacted Tirerack over the weekend, and asked if they were able to get a hold of the tires. They told me they spoke with their Michelin rep, and the rep said they are planning on bringing those to the US. But they are the PS4 not the PS4S. Tyrereviews.com makes a track comparison between these two plus the Pilot Cup 2. All in all the right sized tire is what we want, I can live with that.

CSM

1000 Post Club
What are your goals with tires? Canyon carving and periodic track days? Dedicated autox/track tire?

Michelin PS4S seem like the ultimate sporty daily driver tire, I am considering going to them in 215/45/17 after my Firehawks wear out

OP
JorJorBinks
Thread Starter #11
I’m up in the canyons a couple times a month and have only tracked a handful of times. So being a courier the price to life ratio needs to be decent. Like those Firehawks they are nearly perfect for my situation, but the light and numbish steering they give turns me off. If you do happen to try the 215/45/17 PS4S make a little post about them please. Those tires are the ultimate goal in stock size, but I think the extra sidewall and tread width of the size available will make the turnin a little too squishy for my liking. I’m hoping I’m wrong though! [emoji1476]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thats odd. Why aren't we able to get the Michelin in that size in the US?
Michelin, AND other Euro based tire manufacturers do this with MANY of the models/sizes they sell exclusively in England/Europe/rest of world. [mad]

If they even think that they will not sell a trillion of them, they will not even offer it to U.S., even on a special order basis.
(In a way, I don't blame them since everyone here insists on driving a truck/road tank, so they bring in all of those models/sizes instead. [:(])

CSM

1000 Post Club
I’m up in the canyons a couple times a month and have only tracked a handful of times. So being a courier the price to life ratio needs to be decent. Like those Firehawks they are nearly perfect for my situation, but the light and numbish steering they give turns me off. If you do happen to try the 215/45/17 PS4S make a little post about them please. Those tires are the ultimate goal in stock size, but I think the extra sidewall and tread width of the size available will make the turnin a little too squishy for my liking. I’m hoping I’m wrong though! [emoji1476]

I struggle to believe the PS4S will a better overall value than the Firehawk. You're talking about $740 for a set of 4 PS4S vs. $400 for a set of 4 Firehawk indy 500. Are the PS4S better? Probably, but not sure about $340 more a set better.

I'm interested to try them as I've heard such good reviews about them as a daily tire for spirited driving and bonus season has been good this year :) I'm gonna be picking up a set of ZIIIs at some point in 16" size this year for the autocross/track/tail of the dragon stuff

Mikey456

I contacted Tirerack over the weekend, and asked if they were able to get a hold of the tires. They told me they spoke with their Michelin rep, and the rep said they are planning on bringing those to the US. But they are the PS4 not the PS4S. Tyrereviews.com makes a track comparison between these two plus the Pilot Cup 2. All in all the right sized tire is what we want, I can live with that.

I would be interested in the OEM size Michelin PS4 too. More options are always a good thing. Give us an update when these tires are coming to the States.

Thanks

OP
JorJorBinks
Thread Starter #15

I would be interested in the OEM size Michelin PS4 too. More options are always a good thing. Give us an update when these tires are coming to the States.

Thanks
You know there is a place in Long Beach I found that has them in stock. They sell them on EBay and have free shipping! When it comes time to replace the stockers again this is the place! Performance plus Tire 3910 Cherry Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807

Mikey456

You know there is a place in Long Beach I found that has them in stock. They sell them on EBay and have free shipping! When it comes time to replace the stockers again this is the place! Performance plus Tire 3910 Cherry Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807

Thanks. Will keep it in mind when I replace my bridgestones.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

dmb

all I know is the PS3+ that I had on my car were crap no grip wore out in 5k, and I rotated them often. it was hard to believe they were Michelin