Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recorded a sound bite of the whoosh hot side pipe

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
:p https://youtu.be/CuGnsW0ysrA?t=37

jk - I dig it, it does a little of the bottle-blowing sound but not in a bad way. If I can keep improving the quality and quantity of whooshy turbo sounds (maybe j2 intake next? and a switch to turbosmart plumb-back DV instead of my 50/50 one) I might go back to a much quieter exhaust.

Jerickson88

:p https://youtu.be/CuGnsW0ysrA?t=37

jk - I dig it, it does a little of the bottle-blowing sound but not in a bad way. If I can keep improving the quality and quantity of whooshy turbo sounds (maybe j2 intake next? and a switch to turbosmart plumb-back DV instead of my 50/50 one) I might go back to a much quieter exhaust.
Does the pipe add a bit of noise for real? I’m guessing the stock one is baffled to keep cabin noise to a minimal?

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Does the pipe add a bit of noise for real? I’m guessing the stock one is baffled to keep cabin noise to a minimal?
There’s a little bit of high pitched whistling - it’s sort of like the sound in the video I posted but probably 3 octaves higher. It’s not really noticeable - I’ve just spent so much time on “sound design” with my car that I’m highly attenuated to it. If I can find my lav mic I’ll try to grab an underhood sound bite.

I’m guessing the double baffle in the stocker creates a little toroidal vortex that breaks up the air enough to kill the noise. I just like turbo noises :D I do think it spools a little faster too. I noticed that if I stomp the gas in second the tires slip for a moment, I don’t think it did that before. Not more power, but it came on quicker.