Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Door Sill Ground Effect Loose

I took my FiST to the local mechanic to check the brakes (another story). Unfortunately, he didn't set the lift pads correctly, and pushed up on the ground effects. This broke the bond of what I am guessing is a double-sided tape type of adhesive.
20190125_155546.jpg
QUESTIONS:

1) Any wisdom re: where to get this tape/adhesive (P/N, description)?
2) Any wisdom re: how to install it?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I took my FiST to the local mechanic to check the brakes (another story). Unfortunately, he didn't set the lift pads correctly, and pushed up on the ground effects. This broke the bond of what I am guessing is a double-sided tape type of adhesive.
View attachment 19599
QUESTIONS:

1) Any wisdom re: where to get this tape/adhesive (P/N, description)?
2) Any wisdom re: how to install it?
Well....the local mechanic would be paying to fix that if it was me....I'd say due to the Salt on the side of your car it will need to be in at least 50° degrees for the 3m two sided all weather tape to adhere remotely good....they could use a heat gun to help also.....This is why I do my own work or I personally know the person doing my work as I know they have the same double check....Triple check mentality I have.....NOT the looks good Billy bob...Raise 'er up!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It is just standard 3M body trim tape.
It is available at any auto parts store.

Dave

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
It is just standard 3M body trim tape.
It is available at any auto parts store.

Dave
This ^^^

I have suffered from the same, ahem, issue of the jacks pulling up on the side skirts. But that was me, not a mechanic. So, nobody to scream at.

The good news is that all you need is a 3M double sided tape. Works like a charm - make sure to prep the surfaces by thoroughly cleaning and drying before applying the tape.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yep confirming with everyone else. I had remove my side skirt to replace fasteners that (I) had snapped (when I bumped a pole entering a parking garage).

3m dbl sided tape and a heat gun. I also used a C-clamp to hold them together as it cooled. If I were to make any improvements, put something between the clamp and the side skirt. I made a nasty indentation... Tape works like a dream, it's only been a week but it has held together through snow and cold now.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk