Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

245/40-17 fit aftermarket and stock susp?

Jerickson88

Looking to put some Rota Grids in 17x8 +40 on in the next month or two, and wondering if I can fit a 245/40-17 on there (Firestone, Federal, Falken..) looking to stay stock suspension for a while too, and I’m not looking to roll or pull my fenders. I’ve seen where some go 235/40 and have no issues, but haven’t seen a 245/40.

I think the x8 is enough width to not worry about the tire being too tall.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I don't think there is anyway to get a 245 to fit the Fiesta. I run a P245/40 17 on my Mustang and that has rolled and widened fenders.

245/40/17FIST fitment

IMG_0919.JPG
Looking to put some Rota Grids in 17x8 +40 on in the next month or two, and wondering if I can fit a 245/40-17 on there (Firestone, Federal, Falken..) looking to stay stock suspension for a while too, and I’m not looking to roll or pull my fenders. I’ve seen where some go 235/40 and have no issues, but haven’t seen a 245/40.

Hello, I almost went there with Toyo proxes R1's, but in 35 series (23.8 inches tall) I have the Avanti DST's Storms, 45 mm offset, 17X8, I had looked at the Rotas. They are nice. The Storms (10 spoke) are roto forged, more expensive but lighter and stronger. Worth the $$ IMHO. With stock supension it will be a close fit without rolling fenders. Your tire combo is 24.4 or so tall. Single riding maybe ok but with passengers ??? There is a link on the FF but I lost it. Keep digging its here. One member had the Yokos in 235/40/17's and fit fine. There are pics. Not sure what rims. I ended up with 215/40/17 Neogens for cold weather and Federal 595 RS-RR at the front for summer. Going on soon, still cold in NJ. yeah I know I'm mixing traction capability but there is a method to the madness. I wanted to get the steering feel back from the 050's and more stick. Pretty sure the Feds will do that. If I find the link I'll let you know. Point of reference: one series change 35 to 40 is equal to 2 sizes in with in terms of overall tire height. Stan

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #5
I've abandoned this idea. I plan to stick it out with the 215/40-17 in the Federal 595RS-RR

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #7
Have I converted you ? Great. Mine are going on after the 15th. Still to cold here. Getting the V3 coilovers to boot.[wrenchin]
Lol I'm on the Formoza FD2 in the 215/40, and was looking for a trackable tire, car has been taken off of the daily driver roster.

I cant stomach buying wheels just as heavy as the stockers. I'll wait till I find some TD in 17x7!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Have I converted you ? Great. Mine are going on after the 15th. Still to cold here. Getting the V3 coilovers to boot.[wrenchin]
Yeah, it seems as though some on here just don't care (or are just way too 'antsy' to wait) that they are using 200 tread wear (and UNDER) gumballs in under 40*F ambient temps, but my RS-RRs will NOT go on the car until the absolute/constant night time lows are ABOVE 50* F. [nono] [wink]

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #11
Yeah, it seems as though some on here just don't care (or are just way too 'antsy' to wait) that they are using 200 tread wear (and UNDER) gumballs in under 40*F ambient temps, but my RS-RRs will NOT go on the car until the absolute/constant night time lows are ABOVE 50* F. [nono] [wink]
We are in the 60's here, low to mid 40's at night. Been seeing some 80s mid day too.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Does that mean 215 45 17 would be fine? Dude in colton sells the rs rr,s for 365 for a full set.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m new here, but I can tell you on stock FiST wheels 245/40/17 re71rs rub a good bit and are VERY tall compared to stock. I had the tires from my previous mk6 Gti but realistically the rubbing would chew thru front and rear wheel wells.

Last edited: