Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just installed Dizzy V2 93 and E30 Tunes

Trader history for GTP (3)

GTP

What can I say about Jason's tunes. The car simply runs amazing. I've had Cobb tuned Subaru's, Tuner Motorsport Tuned BMWs, Acura/Honda on Hondata, and APR's on my VWs. For a flash tune-the drive is simply amazing! Smooth, powerful and it drives in traffic/daily commute BETTER than the stock tune! That's no small accomplishment. All of the other vehicles I have owned took numerous emails and revisions to get close to smooth, and even then they had their "moments" and draw backs. Surging, off throttle weirdness, lurching on low RPMs, some flat or bizarre RPM bands, no no no sir with Jason's tune. It is smooth (did I mention this before :) ) fast and pulls like a freight train.

If the stock car is a welter weight boxer (Jason's E30 tune, with just a panel filter, and one step colder Denso plugs) hits like a Rocky Balboa left to the body. It is really a significant road weapon now. I played with a Mark 6 Golf R and he had nothing for me. He pulled up and said "WHOA...c'mon man but how is that possible that you were walking me" :) I love what Jason has done with the car and can't wait to go to stage 2 E40.!

As a great favor to me, because he's that type of guy, he created a "snow" tune for me by limiting boost to wastegate 6psi in gears 1 and 2 and then eco boost (14psi) in all other gears. He added it to both the 93 pump and E30 tune maps. I am now looking forward to more snow to test the low boost out with my new snow tires. I was always at a solid 30mpg daily driving. Same route, same car with his V2 93 tune I was touching 32-33mpg with the exact same route and booting it a few more times to enjoy the grunt. I can't wait to see how the ECO tune does!

Thanks Jason!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What can I say about Jason's tunes. The car simply runs amazing. I've had Cobb tuned Subaru's, Tuner Motorsport Tuned BMWs, Acura/Honda on Hondata, and APR's on my VWs. For a flash tune-the drive is simply amazing! Smooth, powerful and it drives in traffic/daily commute BETTER than the stock tune! That's no small accomplishment. All of the other vehicles I have owned took numerous emails and revisions to get close to smooth, and even then they had their "moments" and draw backs. Surging, off throttle weirdness, lurching on low RPMs, some flat or bizarre RPM bands, no no no sir with Jason's tune. It is smooth (did I mention this before :) ) fast and pulls like a freight train.

If the stock car is a welter weight boxer (Jason's E30 tune, with just a panel filter, and one step colder Denso plugs) hits like a Rocky Balboa left to the body. It is really a significant road weapon now. I played with a Mark 6 Golf R and he had nothing for me. He pulled up and said "WHOA...c'mon man but how is that possible that you were walking me" :) I love what Jason has done with the car and can't wait to go to stage 2 E40.!

As a great favor to me, because he's that type of guy, he created a "snow" tune for me by limiting boost to wastegate 6psi in gears 1 and 2 and then eco boost (14psi) in all other gears. He added it to both the 93 pump and E30 tune maps. I am now looking forward to more snow to test the low boost out with my new snow tires. I was always at a solid 30mpg daily driving. Same route, same car with his V2 93 tune I was touching 32-33mpg with the exact same route and booting it a few more times to enjoy the grunt. I can't wait to see how the ECO tune does!

Thanks Jason!
I will second this Jason@dizzytuning is a phenomenal guy to work with and is quick with an updated for files. Can't wait for his Ethanol gauge setup!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
GTP

GTP

Thread Starter #3
I will second this Jason@dizzytuning is a phenomenal guy to work with and is quick with an updated for files. Can't wait for his Ethanol gauge setup!

Help a noob, ethanol gauge?

Nevermind, I found it ??????

SST

I played with a Mark 6 Golf R and he had nothing for me. He pulled up and said "WHOA...c'mon man but how is that possible that you were walking me" :) I love what Jason has done with the car and can't wait to go to stage 2 E40.!
were u on 93 or the E30 when u were playing with the Golf R? is he stock?

Interested in how the 'snow tune' performs in the muck. Last week headed to work before the roads were plowed the traction control was already killing the power to the point I was barely moving and afraid of getting stuck (on factory no-seasons; I realize that's the main issue). Also have dizzy 93, E30, and E30 with pops and concur with your assessment!

OP
GTP

GTP

Thread Starter #7
were u on 93 or the E30 when u were playing with the Golf R? is he stock?
I was on the E30. It was a manual Golf R Mark 6 not the 7. I didnā€™t ask him what his mods were. He appeared stock but I am unsure. I was creeping away from him through 3,4,5 when we shut down. I have lightweight 15s on now with a panel filter, Denso one step colder, catch can as ā€œmodsā€.

OP
GTP

GTP

Thread Starter #8
Interested in how the 'snow tune' performs in the muck. Last week headed to work before the roads were plowed the traction control was already killing the power to the point I was barely moving and afraid of getting stuck (on factory no-seasons; I realize that's the main issue). Also have dizzy 93, E30, and E30 with pops and concur with your assessment!
Iā€™ll let you know how it does with Jasonā€™s snow tune. I have new Altimax Arctic 12s and I have been playing with the Cobb traction control modifier. I am between 3-4-5 on the really slick stuff.

You really need snows to go anywhere. The stockers are useless.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Huh - I have a strat tune and the dizzy (91/e30) and the dizzy stg 2 91 feels really sluggish compared to Cobb and stratified.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
really? thats a surprise to me, what kind of Stratified tune you have?
Just an OTS, with no/progressive/excessive crackles.
Might be just the throttle mapping, but when I'm on the dizzy stage 2 91 octane tune my fiesta's really boring. When I run any of the stratified tunes its got that angry little mood that makes the car fun. Have not dyno'd either so it could be down to just feel, but the difference is pretty extreme. The difference between the cobb tune and the dizzy is much slimmer. Not bad, it just feels very... blunted. Also lots of negative corrections with the dizzy map but almost none with cobb or strat.

SST

hum, thats strange, i see people with both recommending the dizzy, thats why i went with it, maybe i shoudl buy a Strat tune later too

OP
GTP

GTP

Thread Starter #13
Iā€™d say the tunes feelin different donā€™t equate to one being superior in speed or power. A lot of my driving is commuting and this car does it better now with Jasonā€™s 93/E30 and ECO tunes than any other car I owned. Smooth strong pull from the 93/E30.

Iā€™d say this car punches way above its weight class against bigger badder iron with either tune. I can appreciate the Strat tune feedback Iā€™ve seen about having an aggressive power delivery that adds to its character. And thatā€™s fine for folks looking for that in a tune(r)-no hate. I wanted smooth and reliable power. Dizzy was the place.

Nothing wrong with any other tunes-I donā€™t have experience with them I simply reported on my findings and seeing what this tune does to other cars makes me even happier [hihi]

ROCKYFiestta

I also have the 91 tune from dizzy, for me though, once it gets going it does feel like it goes faster over the cobb stage 2 91 octane.

Last edited:
OP
GTP

GTP

Thread Starter #15
I also have the 91 tune from dizzy, I have noticed quite a bit of the car feeling sluggish in first and second gears and doesn't pull hard until 3rd and beyond just wondering if you are getting similar feeling as well.
for me though once it gets going it does feel like it goes faster over the cobb stage 2 91 octane. I suppose I should have Jason look at my figures soon to make sure it is all good.
After being on Dizzy E30 tune, even my 93 tune feels pokey. I think this car was made for Cornblood.

OP
GTP

GTP

Thread Starter #17
^^^Which brand stations around your area carry E85? (Sheetz, Shell, no names,etc.)?
Speedway-which has a station within 2 miles of my house, and within mile of my office. They are usually carrying between 70-80% ethanol in their E85. The 93 is the same pump too. Just flip a lever and then pump the 93 after filling with appropriate E85.

ROCKYFiestta

I did the e30 tune recently and noticed that my total distance before tank was empty went up from normally 380/390 miles to 500 miles is this normal???? if so than even better!!![crazyeye][pray]

OP
GTP

GTP

Thread Starter #19
I did the e30 tune recently and noticed that my total distance before tank was empty went up from normally 380/390 miles to 500 miles is this normal???? if so than even better!!![crazyeye][pray]
The E30 will actually be a bit less miles per gallon than regular pump gas. When you flash the tune, the total mileage per tank re-sets to 500 for some reason. It will adjust down quickly to the 300 range once you start driving. Usually takes about a tank to get it accurate again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You will maybe get 300 mile a per tank....if you can stay out of it. Chances are you wont stay out of the throttle....I know I dont. I'd say 280-300 per tank.