Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on 2019 FIESTA ST
14 Likes

Senior Member 404 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Blend doors are constantly receiving minor adjustments when the HVAC is set on anything other than Hi/Lo.

Prior car with manually actuated blend doors taught me what stresses them.

Operating the blend doors required increased force when the blower motor was set for max speed. So I turn the blower down (if up) prior to ignition off.

Operating the blend doors required a lot of force, almost to the point of breaking the levers behind the dash when attempt to operate them with high negative cabin pressures. (highway speeds with windows cracked open)

Personally, I'm not particularly sensitive to temperatures as I'm usually on a motorcycle and simply (over) dress for the weather. I love heat so it's almost always on a "Hi" temperature setting. When I do make my adjustments on the vent settings, changing from floor to defrost for example, I keep the blower motor speeds at roughly 50% or below. Once it's done making the change, I'll up the blower motor speed as desired. I also avoid changing vent/temp settings at highway speeds (70+MPH) while the windows are open.

Frigid temperatures also stress them. So when I first start the car, I try to give it a dozen seconds or so before hitting max defrost... then *immediately* crank down the blower motor speed. After it slloowwllyy moves into position (you can hear all this,) I then put the blower motor speed back to max.

Given prior experiences I don't anticipate experiencing any issues with it for a very long time if ever. If I just treat it as normal and leave it on 75°F and adjust under any circumstance, (in other words, use as intended,) then I'd expect the kind of failures that I've been reading about.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Staff Team Staff Team 1454 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Likes

@brbohica
    You mentioned that this grabbing in first gear only happened when turning.
    Now it sounds like an axel thing.

However, there is a far easier way to check.
    I believe you also stated that this dealer had 5 cars.
    Why not test drive to see if you feel the same thing in another FiST?
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've been talking t them, the lowest they would go is 20,500

Quote Originally Posted by brbohica View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im working a deal right now on a 2019 Ford Fiesta ST, it has 36 miles on it now which I put 30 on myself. Love the car, 2nd and 3rd gear is insane. 1st gear taking off feels weird, like something is grabbing in the powertrain, any ideas on that?

right now out the door price is 18,663.82. Not planning on getting any add ons or extended warranties. Does this sound like a good deal? I used a friends X Plan to get the lowest price possible.

Bryan

Attachment 19685

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123