Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by zanethan View Post
    Where would I start with the brake switch code? What sensor would trigger that?
    Seems like you've sent it to the proper place where they can troubleshoot the sensors with the proper fsm tree.

there are sensors to monitor pedal position, throttle pedal position, throttle plate position etc... all have to be working in harmony otherwise you get a bunch of codes. All you need to usually focus on are the main ones, all of the secondary codes are a result of the car operating in limp mode so yes, if timing is pulled way down and throttle is artificially closed then the ecu sees those as new issues as well etc... so once they fix the first one things should become more obvious.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blurred View Post
    Seems like you've sent it to the proper place where they can troubleshoot the sensors with the proper fsm tree.

there are sensors to monitor pedal position, throttle pedal position, throttle plate position etc... all have to be working in harmony otherwise you get a bunch of codes. All you need to usually focus on are the main ones, all of the secondary codes are a result of the car operating in limp mode so yes, if timing is pulled way down and throttle is artificially closed then the ecu sees those as new issues as well etc... so once they fix the first one things should become more obvious.
    Well the dealer is stumped too. They couldn’t get it to misbehave and ultimately reset all the computers and said bring it back if it does it again.

So l guess I officially have a gremlin which has me second guessing keeping the car now.

Senior Member 1118 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well the dealer is stumped too. They couldn’t get it to misbehave and ultimately reset all the computers and said bring it back if it does it again.

So l guess I officially have a gremlin which has me second guessing keeping the car now.
    So did they re-flash it?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    So did they re-flash it?

I had already uninstalled my AP to eliminate that as a cause (although I never actually thought it was) but yes. Per the service writer they reset and updated all ‘modules’. I haven’t picked it up yet to see what was written on the ticket. It was clear that they suspect my dashboard camera and pillar gauges most so I’m not sure how thorough of a job they actually did.

Senior Member 1118 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had already uninstalled my AP to eliminate that as a cause (although I never actually thought it was) but yes. Per the service writer they reset and updated all ‘modules’. I haven’t picked it up yet to see what was written on the ticket. It was clear that they suspect my dashboard camera and pillar gauges most so I’m not sure how thorough of a job they actually did.
    They flashed it I'll put money on it

Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    They flashed it I'll put money on it

Probably. The notes said reset and installed update on PCM so I guess I’ll see if it does it again. Hopefully it doesn’t do it while on the interstate.

Staff Team Staff Team 1454 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As I said before, intermittent problems are toe worst to diagnose.
    Let's hope your problem is solved.
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

Senior Member 404 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To have all that go out at once is unlikely. Some wire harness was disturbed when you were "modding". Need to retrace your steps. Listing out the codes will likely point to a particular harness that all these various sensors have in common. Not a Ford, dealer, or moderator problem, but a user one.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Car died and wouldn’t go over 1000Rpm or 5mph

I normally would agree that it’s a disturbed wire during working on the car but in this case I haven’t worked on my car in months. Also, the electrical mods I have (pillar mounted gauges, dash camera, and seat airbag bypass (just a resistor due to aftermarket seats)) have been on there for thousands of miles without incident. I’m not ruling anything out but I’m doubtful in this instance. I plan to see if the PCM update resolves it before touching anything else. If it does it again I plan to take it back to stock and then the dealer for further diagnosis. If they can’t find it again, it may be time to move on. I love this little car but I’m not going to put fun over my families safety.

I appreciate everyone’s efforts thus far but it looks like this ones just too complex to figure out via the forums. I’ll update if this gets resolved.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just wanted to update everyone on this. The dealer reset and updated the PCM and I believe that did fix it as it didn’t stall after the update and I drove it around as much as possible afterward.

I won’t be able to fully verify as we traded the FiST in on Tuesday. This issue lead us to consider trading in the FiST and after crunching some numbers it just didn’t make sense to keep the FiST. We had 4 cars and the FiST just never got driven. We also don’t have a garage so it just sat exposed to the elements and was slowly wasting away.

As I mentioned in my other thread, some goodies will be going up for sale once I get pictures but if you think you’ll be interested PM me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345