Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sell the ST or Mustang GT?

Wow, that's a sleeper for sure! I wish the ST was just a little quicker. 0-60 in 6.7 is on the slow side and most of the cookie cutter cars and/or minivans, suv's are that fast if not faster. My 2017 Miata ND did 0-60 in 5.9- as well as my stock MazdaSpeed 3. That is more than enough to keep up or get ahead of traffic.
My 2003 Mini is dog slow on paper - something like 8.5 seconds 0-60. But like others have said, the small size makes it seem so much faster than that. Ask yourself - is it more fun to drive a car that feels like it's going fast, or to actually be faster in a car that doesn't feel like it's going fast?

As far as keeping up with traffic, I never have a problem in the Mini. For sure most cars are faster, and if someone next to me at a stoplight is bound and determined to zip off and get ahead of me when the light goes green, so what? Let them waste their gas. [hihi] But keeping up with traffic is no problem, at least for me. No matter what car you get, there will ALWAYS be someone faster.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
My 2003 Mini is dog slow on paper - something like 8.5 seconds 0-60. But like others have said, the small size makes it seem so much faster than that. Ask yourself - is it more fun to drive a car that feels like it's going fast, or to actually be faster in a car that doesn't feel like it's going fast?

As far as keeping up with traffic, I never have a problem in the Mini. For sure most cars are faster, and if someone next to me at a stoplight is bound and determined to zip off and get ahead of me when the light goes green, so what? Let them waste their gas. [hihi] But keeping up with traffic is no problem, at least for me. No matter what car you get, there will ALWAYS be someone faster.
I like the cut of your jib [emoji1303]

Yes, very true on all points. Ive driven some V12 Mercedes and beamers and you couldnt even feel the power, very boring. Just felt like you were floating.

My scat pack was insane, oh I felt that thanks to the 6.4 liter hemi with factory 392 gears. But that car was just too damn heavy to really enjoy it like the FiST.

You know what they say, "more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow". Not that the FiST is slow, but compared to the Mustang GT...

The answer to this question must come from within.....

Seriously though, deep down you're going to miss one of these cars more than the other. This is what you must determine.

OP
Q
Thread Starter #25
After analyzing this over more time, I am leaning towards keeping the FIST. The only negative on the FIST is the straight line acceleration with all of the flat roads, stop lights here, etc. I have to floor the FIST to get ahead of traffic. With the GT it's effortless. But the FIST has been great, drives great, handles so great, is very ergonomic and comfortable for me, more practical, gets way better gas mileage and it makes no funny noises and has 0 defects. The GT has the typewriter tick/knock and 3K RPM rattle which drive me nuts. The shifting has been fine with the MT82 trans. I figure if I add an intake, IC and tune to the FIST it will be a better traffic fighter. And these are items I can order off the shelf and install in my garage. I also do not owe much money on the GT and by selling it I will gain a lot of cash and be able to invest in the goodies for the ST.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I was in a friend's FiST with a stratified stage 2 tune w/IC. I can comfirm that it makes a HUGE difference down low, which seems to be what you're looking for. Up top, not so different than stock, limited by the turbo size of course.

OP
Q
Thread Starter #27
Well my decision may surprise you but I got rid of both cars. I was upside down on the ST and had equity in the GT- lots. I was favoring keeping the GT but paying CarMax to take the ST off my hands did not seem like a good option and I did not want to mess with selling them on my own. And the GT had developed the engine ticking, knocking and worst of all the 2-3K RPM rattling that got louder and louder- which the dealer said was normal. So I traded both for a"commuter" car- with boring automatic. But I got rid of my debt. Now I have time to decide and save a lot of cash for what performance car I really want with a M/T. Camaro SS or I might spring for a used C7 Vette, we will see.

Good bye to the forum for now- the ST is a great little car, I'll always miss the sound and feel of the car. But for my stop light to stop light commute on straight boring roads my new commuter does the job just fine.