Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Cubbyhole Extender, AccessPort A-Pillar Mount, Parking Brake Black Hole Cover, Daytime Running Lights Mod, and more

Trader history for SirThomas88 (5)

Friday bump...overpriced but this person is selling what we want. i like the keyfob thing at $5 and the extender for $7.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Friday bump...overpriced but this person is selling what we want. i like the keyfob thing at $5 and the extender for $7.
Overpriced? Dude have some class. Do you have any idea how long he spent on R&D for this? He's probably making $1 per hour here after the material cost. He's doing this as a favor to us, not as a moneymaker. Enough of this "WE WANT I LIKE" attitude.

OP - let me think on your proposition. I have an old phone so it actually fits in the cubby quite nicely. As for the handle, thanks for the helpful video!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thats a little coarse. These things took substantial time to design, print, test (and print and test and print and test and print and test if hes anything like me lol). It's not the cost of the filament you are paying for, it's the time he invested in not only designing them, printing them, but also the time he spent learning how to do it. If you want to complain something is overpriced go check out the velossa tech big mouth, though that's still a significant time investment for them to design and print. It's not valueless just because it wasn't injection molded.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thats a little coarse. These things took substantial time to design, print, test (and print and test and print and test and print and test if hes anything like me lol). It's not the cost of the filament you are paying for, it's the time he invested in not only designing them, printing them, but also the time he spent learning how to do it. If you want to complain something is overpriced go check out the velossa tech big mouth, though that's still a significant time investment for them to design and print. It's not valueless just because it wasn't injection molded.
Exactly! You pay for the r & d that goes into something. I'm more than happy to pay what he is asking. It's well worth it. I think the price is spot on.

People say the same thing about cobb for example. Ive heard this when I bought a shift stop for my wrx: "why pay $40 for the shift stop from Cobb when you can buy the same thing on ebay for $25?"
Cobb spent significant money and time developing something and bringing it to market, only to have someone else replicate it and undercut them. These a-hole copycats spend zero dollars and let Cobb do all the work and take all the risk.

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #30
I definitely try to be attractive with the pricing and fair with the value of the item so people are interested to buy them, so I appreciate your feedback. But $5 - $7 is extremely under priced so I doubt theres any price I could offer it at that you'd think is fair lol.

If I had an opportunity to sell thousands or even just hundreds of these things then $5 or $7 would make a lot more sense, I would love to be able to offer them at that price. It's just me on my weekends and time I can fit in around my work schedule making these mostly for fun, and what money I get back for it is only a bonus to help supporting this as a hobby and maybe buy a car part or two lol.

But regardless like I said I do appreciate your feedback and that at least you like the parts! [cheers]

As someone who's designed some 3D printed parts for the FiST, I can say it's not hard or costly - but it is time consuming. Factor in this person's time, as well as dealing with the BS of shipping and "customer service", and you need to charge $20 for a few cents worth of filament. I had six revisions of my vent gauge pod before I called it good enough. It would have taken twice that before I would've been comfortable offering it for sale.

Oh, and I've used PETG in car interiors. Held up to Midwest summers just fine.

I *might* have concerns with it if you live somewhere were 120-130F is possible and it's in direct sunlight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sending money for cubbyhole extender, center console cup + lid!

Thanks for selling these, can't wait to get the products!

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #35
Yeah the material doesn't cost much as [MENTION=8822]Clit_Beastwood[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9401]flip314[/MENTION] mentioned.

Getting those dimensions right though.. that cubbyhole piece especially has some very challenging dimensions and was quite a long and tedious process to get right.

Thanks for everyone who has placed an order so far. I'll be going through all the orders and starting to prepare them this week and will update everyone soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So whats my total? i would like the extender and the cup lid, i already have the cup for the center console.

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #38
Price drop!

Price drop!

So I decided to lower the price of the Keyfob Wall Hook to $10 when combined with any other item. If you've already placed an order and want to add this, just send over $10, shipping is already covered in your first order.

NEW: Ford Keyfob Wall Hook
Hang your keys in style with your own reserved spot on the wall.
Price is $10 when purchased with another item + shipping

This keyfob hook attaches to your wall with poster-tape (included) and gives you a special spot for your keys. Two-tone in red and black (other combinations available on request) and emblazoned on the inside with the 'ST' logo and a contoured design. It's design utilizes the two dimples on either side of the fob so that only the Ford FOB can be attached and other fobs won't fit on it, so no one else can take your spot on the wall.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Price drop!

So I decided to lower the price of the Keyfob Wall Hook to $10 when combined with any other item. If you've already placed an order and want to add this, just send over $10, shipping is already covered in your first order.

NEW: Ford Keyfob Wall Hook
Hang your keys in style with your own reserved spot on the wall.
Price is $10 when purchased with another item + shipping

This keyfob hook attaches to your wall with poster-tape (included) and gives you a special spot for your keys. Two-tone in red and black (other combinations available on request) and emblazoned on the inside with the 'ST' logo and a contoured design. It's design utilizes the two dimples on either side of the fob so that only the Ford FOB can be attached and other fobs won't fit on it, so no one else can take your spot on the wall.
Cool just sent the PayPal.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk