Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Cubbyhole Extender, AccessPort A-Pillar Mount, Parking Brake Black Hole Cover, Daytime Running Lights Mod, and more

Trader history for SirThomas88 (5)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
That is a fantastic adhesive. I have some extra laying around from some LED grow lights. The provided tape for the extender doesn't stick to the car well.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Ah - it *could* be the flame retardant added to the car plastics :| it's slightly oleophobic so it needs to be *really* clean.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Simple Green is an excellent plastic-safe degreaser that you can easily find in local stores, just FYI. Should help with adhesion.
I just used a little rubbing alcohol on a napkin. Not an area that can be seen, with or without the extender

Ah - it *could* be the flame retardant added to the car plastics :| it's slightly oleophobic so it needs to be *really* clean.
Its jsut the small gap that needs to be filled between the extender and the actual cubby, and the tape that comes on it would work if the parts mated up seamlessly, but there is a little play. the 3m heavy duty stuff has that little extra pad that takes up any gap and helps stick things just right. its really nothing alarming, DIY level 1. Super happy with mine still. super useful.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Its jsut the small gap that needs to be filled between the extender and the actual cubby, and the tape that comes on it would work if the parts mated up seamlessly, but there is a little play. the 3m heavy duty stuff has that little extra pad that takes up any gap and helps stick things just right. its really nothing alarming, DIY level 1. Super happy with mine still. super useful.
Absolutely, a 2 second fix.

Look into 3m VHB gel tape. It holds 10 lbs for every .75" piece or something like that.
I've used it deploying things in high-theft environments and it's held up well. An iPad, stuck to a desk with two 4" strips of vhb took two grown men almost 45 minutes to remove :p it took part of the table surface with it.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...1094&preselect=8710676+8710815+8710960&rt=rud

I've used it for years to stick shit to my motorcycle helmets, like viking horns and googly eyes and stuff. VHB is the adhesive that comes on stock gopro mounts, if anyones ever dealt with trying to remove one from a prepped surface ;)

Is the tape failing to stick to the 3d print, or the car?
I'll check that out, might snag some of the norton body molding tape from my work and see if that works first.

The original tape isn't sticking to the car- I cleaned the cubby surface with degreaser and dried it off before install.

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #108
When is the next batch going out? I cannot wait for my cubbyhole extender.
Your package was mailed out on Monday! Tracking says it's estimating delivery by April 1st (this is not a prank). I think you should have the tracking info in your email inbox from when I created the label, but I'll PM it to you also just in case.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I was thinking to add a rubber pad for the inside of my cubby hole extender, to keep stuff from sliding forward on quick accelerations. The surface is slick, something with grip would help.

DBLE

I was thinking to add a rubber pad for the inside of my cubby hole extender, to keep stuff from sliding forward on quick accelerations. The surface is slick, something with grip would help.
Ditto. Was thinking of adding something like this: https://www.amazon.com/UniqueX-Fash...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G2C7CCTKESBX8BG29X37 But otherwise, I love the extender. Used Scotch outdoor mounting tape to install and so far so good.

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #114
Ditto. Was thinking of adding something like this: https://www.amazon.com/UniqueX-Fash...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G2C7CCTKESBX8BG29X37 But otherwise, I love the extender. Used Scotch outdoor mounting tape to install and so far so good.
Nice ideas. Perhaps some black Plasti-dip might be a good solution here with its rubbery surface?

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Nice ideas. Perhaps some black Plasti-dip might be a good solution here with its rubbery surface?
I was thinking something like [MENTION=7780]DBLE[/MENTION] mentioned cut to size, only with adhesive backing to make it more permanent. I will go to home depot this weekend and see if I can find something there.

Flocking is what Rally cars use for their dashboards to eliminate glare, but it's also used in jewelry boxes.
It makes it so that it doesn't scuff anything, reduces clunking noises, and also keeps things relatively in place, but probably not as good as a rubber pad.

STacoma

Sending money for the Center Console Cup and Lid - Black

This should help keep me organized, and give me a super-secret storage compartment!