Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AB 1824 Exhaust Law in Cali

If my car has a custom exhaust approved by Ford, with a custom point of exit, with a custom rear bumper(making it so that the exhaust can only be fit through there), and exceeds 95 decibels, can my car still get reffed?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #5
Well, the car was from SEMA so... I'll just email Christian

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #6
I'm curious though. What would you guys recommend if you were in my situation? Butterfly Valve?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just replace or add a muffler.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Would/could they still get him on the 'illegal' non-factory exit point (would people with the 2J racing side exit system fail?)? [dunno]
I thought he was talking about that was over 95DB.
I don't think it makes any difference as to where it comes out; does it?

koozy

3000 Post Club
Side out and open dump mods are illegal in CA, I recall reading it and made a mental note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Side out and open dump mods are illegal in CA, I recall reading it and made a mental note.
That is good to know.
But I don't do that stuff any more.
[MENTION=10688]BojixFiST[/MENTION] exhaust comes out the rear as the Focus, so I don't think that would be a problem.
Of course, I am not 100% sure.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What aboot Vipers and AC Cobras? Those are illegal in Cali too?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #18
Looks like a cool design. Maybe you can just short shift the car around town.
Yeah that's what I've been doing. Or just coasting it in neutral whenever there's a cop nearby. But I've passed by many cops at cruising speed and the car has shot a couple fireballs around them, but they don't seem to mind. Maybe the cops in my city are just too cool for that stuff [emoji28]

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Yeah that's what I've been doing. Or just coasting it in neutral whenever there's a cop nearby. But I've passed by many cops at cruising speed and the car has shot a couple fireballs around them, but they don't seem to mind. Maybe the cops in my city are just too cool for that stuff [emoji28]

Ive got a crackle/bacfire tune on my FiST and casually let 'em off around cops. They always have a look of confusion but then theyre over it and move on.

Im in LA county and drive everywhere. Unless your car is obnoxiously loud or drive like an asshole, i doubt cops even care.

OP
BojixFiST
Thread Starter #20
Ive got a crackle/bacfire tune on my FiST and casually let 'em off around cops. They always have a look of confusion but then theyre over it and move on.

Im in LA county and drive everywhere. Unless your car is obnoxiously loud or drive like an asshole, i doubt cops even care.

Exactly, that's what I think it also comes down to [emoji106]