Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What thermostat should i use?

dmb

I have a new mishimoto radiator I'm installing and I have both a mishimoto 160 and a ford 180 degree thermostat's. I live in so. California so it gets pretty hot in the summer. as we all know its kind of a bitch to change it with everything in the way so i only want to do this once. I'm a little worried that the 160 will be too cold for the engine to pass smog, and when that comes around I'll be 68 or older, so if i'm dead its a non issue, but if i'm still kicking I don't want to die under the car or pay someone to do it for me. anyone have a aftermarket radiator and a 160 and what temps do you run? thanks everyone, Dennis

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
With an upgraded radiator I would not run the 160. You will never get the water hot enough. 180 is the sweet spot and with the Mishimoto radiator and 180tstat, it will never get above 185 I bet, even on a summer track day.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
My car runs the same temps during summer before and after the Mountune triple pas radiator. Maybe I need that 180

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I would always suggest using a new one.