Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hotchkis swaybars

koozy

3000 Post Club
The reason for the minor changes to the '17MY+ OE suspension is because of the ST200, an evolution with slight improvements per the ST engineering team. As a result of the changes for the ST200, these changes were passed on to the regular '17MY+ ST180. It made no sense to have several different versions and tooling of these components, so the regular ST benefited from the changes.

The USDM ST aka ST180 is assembled in Mexico with mostly German and Euro spec components. There are some differences like interior pieces, engine management, etc. but the bulk of it is comprised of the same parts.

IMO the changes are minor, that even the ST200 can benefit from suspension mods.

Last edited:

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Would a thicker front sway bar from a '17+ year car help out enough on a '16 to make the swap worthwhile?

Im tossing on a Hotchkis rear bar if it matters.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Just finished my install. The instructions say to remove lower shock bolt and move shock out of the way. I undid the bolt and the B8 extended and was stuck and not simply able to move out of the way...of course. Had to raise, move the shock, install the bolts, line up the shock bolt by jacking up the car and then tighten things up. Not too much of a pain but sure not as easy as the instructions say.

Attachments

jeff

2000 Post Club
6 left...

I gave in. Did I need this? No. But I made $180 today on a side job and there I was looking at all these 20s in my hand, this thread kept showing up in my notifications, haven't spend money on my car lately, one thing led to another, now there are 6 left.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Just finished my install. The instructions say to remove lower shock bolt and move shock out of the way. I undid the bolt and the B8 extended and was stuck and not simply able to move out of the way...of course. Had to raise, move the shock, install the bolts, line up the shock bolt by jacking up the car and then tighten things up. Not too much of a pain but sure not as easy as the instructions say.
Which is one reason why I didn't do it on ramps or on the ground and on stands instead. I think when they developed the sway bar and wrote the instructions the car was on OE shocks and if that's the case, then yes the OE shocks can easily be compressed by hand while the car is on ramps, but on Bilsteins B8's it's a bit tough as they are stiffer than OE and will extend easily if allowed.

Last edited:
The rain let up, so I had a chance to get the bar on. I had to be creative working by myself on my back trying to hold up a 10lb. bar, while also trying to attach the mounting hardware for each side, but it was totally doable and I was able to do it without using ramps as noted in the instructions. I think they suggest that to be able to line up the shock bolts through the sway bar mount, shock and to the attachment nut, but it's not necessary. I just used my jack to lift and lower the torsion beam simulating load how ever much needed to get the bolts to slide in. I followed everything else in the instructions, just no ramps even though I have them.

looks good. Every reply i look at brings me closer to buying one lol. Im assuming it came with torque specs and what not as well? btw where did you get that evap skid plate thing????

koozy

3000 Post Club
looks good. Every reply i look at brings me closer to buying one lol. Im assuming it came with torque specs and what not as well? btw where did you get that evap skid plate thing????
I hand tightened and donā€™t recall seeing torque specs in the instructions. Evap skid plate is from a member here, no-pistons. He has a sale thread on the forum.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I hand tightened and donā€™t recall seeing torque specs in the instructions. Evap skid plate is from a member here, no-pistons. He has a sale thread on the forum.

Is Evap canister destruction via road debris a thing? Looks like a cool piece but wondering how necesary it is

koozy

3000 Post Club
Is Evap canister destruction via road debris a thing? Looks like a cool piece but wondering how necesary it is
Yes, road gators and debris can bust it up. A few have had to replace theirs because of such incidents. It's only necessary if you need it.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I got the last one. I was just in time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk