Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Power Locks Acting Weird

Lately (within the last 4 months) the power locks are acting weird. It always happens after I go through the car wash, and the outside temperature is cold (today's low was about 15 degrees F). Some info:

1. The first clue that something is weird is that the lock/unlock button on the dash does not light up (when the doors automatically lock at about 15mph).
  2. Other symptoms include the rear hatch not unlocking with the hatch button (works only with the remote), and sometimes the front doors will not unlock.
  3. The locking function sounds the same; i.e.: it makes a nice, firm clicking sound. Also, the manual lock/unlock on each door works easily.
  4. After a couple of days or if it warms up a bit, the power locks start working correctly again.
Ideas?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm completely stumped. Wish I could help you, but this is just too baffling.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lately (within the last 4 months) the power locks are acting weird. It always happens after I go through the car wash, and the outside temperature is cold (today's low was about 15 degrees F). Some info:

1. The first clue that something is weird is that the lock/unlock button on the dash does not light up (when the doors automatically lock at about 15mph).
  2. Other symptoms include the rear hatch not unlocking with the hatch button (works only with the remote), and sometimes the front doors will not unlock.
  3. The locking function sounds the same; i.e.: it makes a nice, firm clicking sound. Also, the manual lock/unlock on each door works easily.
  4. After a couple of days or if it warms up a bit, the power locks start working correctly again.
Ideas?
J-dawg ... I am your Mud duck neighbor in good old Mn ...but I will say that things get a little slow to respond in our cars when they sit for a prolonged period of time in the Cold. If it was me I wouldn't think twice about it if it was a one time thing...its when it becomes and everyday thing then id start to think about the BCM/ Body Control Module. But until its consistent....sit back enjoy some Cheese and say hi to my uncle who lives in dresser also! [party]

OP
O
Thread Starter #7
Move to warmer climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually lived in LA (Southbay) for about 4 years (1984-1988). Great place to drive if you enjoy racing from one stoplight to the next. [unsurelaugh]

OP
O
Thread Starter #8
I would suggest Florida where purple gray hair abounds, not Cali. All we have moving here are hipsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What makes you think I have purple gray hair? I don't have any hair!

OP
O
Thread Starter #9
One more potential clue: Sometimes when the power locks are in this funk, the car horn will give a double beep after I enter the car and close the door. This is before I push the start button.