Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Transmission Cable Bracket Bushings

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Boomba Racing aluminum cable bracket bushings are a direct replacement for the OEM rubber bushings. Once installed, they completely eliminate excess movement in the shifter cable bracket, creating a much more precise and exact shifting experience.

These bushings are precision CNC machined from high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum and are available in 4 different colors: Natural Aluminum, and Red, Black or Blue Anodized.

MSRP: $28

ALUMINUM SHIFTER BUSHINGS

Just an idea but a combo pack of these neat looking shifter bushings and your new weighted shift knob. Would probably sell well.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Got mine in the mail today and put them in here is a linky to my install..
Very Nice feel once they are in mind you I have a Mountune quick shift also
LINKY to thread

Will these bushings fix the movement/slop once the car is in gear; it drives me crazy. I have the mountune short throw kit installed.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Will these bushings fix the movement/slop once the car is in gear; it drives me crazy. I have the mountune short throw kit installed.
Not sure they will fix all of that I would look at doing a neutral cable adjustment and see if that helps
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...anual-Transmission-B6?highlight=neutral+cable

If that is of no use then it may be in the shifter itself it does seem a lil excessive movement wise...

Thanks for the info/advice Rodmoe, I hope to do an intake soon so I'll probably wait until then to start fiddling with this adjustment

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
One of the most inexpensive mods you can do your ride to instantly improve the feel of your shifter! All colors in stock and ready to ship!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I have a set I've been meaning to install, just really been tied up tuning this upgraded turbo, but I plan to do a review on it when I do install them :)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I have a set I've been meaning to install, just really been tied up tuning this upgraded turbo, but I plan to do a review on it when I do install them :)
Ahh cool! All good! But ya, we'd really appreciate that!

Nah, don't worry about the review. I want to see numbers for the franken-turbo...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I put it on thhe dyno with an OTS tune. It did pretty well, but even now without a polished tune, its a whole nother beast !!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
For those actually interested in the shifter bushings, there is really no reason to not order them. It's probably the most inexpensive mod you can do to your car short of a car wash and it cleans up the shifter feel quite nicely by removing some of the flex and slop. I haven't seen anyone that didn't think they were worth the price and short install time.

@Boomba-Are there plans for bushings for the shifter-tower?

For those actually interested in the shifter bushings, there is really no reason to not order them. It's probably the most inexpensive mod you can do to your car short of a car wash and it cleans up the shifter feel quite nicely by removing some of the flex and slop. I haven't seen anyone that didn't think they were worth the price and short install time.

James barrone makes some.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club

I am led to believe they are And a few other things are in the works ..

+1 great product. Between these and a short shift bracket there isn't a milimeter of play in-gear. Best bang for buck no doubt!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18

Yessir, we have on in the works! Along with shifter base bushings! Keep an eye out! And thank you for the feedback!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just got my car back from getting the bushings, quick shift kit, and rear motor mount installed. If anybody is second guessing getting these parts, don't. Having them all installed at once really shows how incredible they change everything.

The top shifts are significantly shorter and they're so crisp. And going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd is so much smoother with the motor mount. If you want to really feel difference get them all put on at once; that's really you really get to appreciate what they're doing.