Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any oil burning/other typical issues to watch for on Cobb Stage 2?

After some research I pieced together my own stage 2 kit consisting of a depo intercooler, cpe rmm and high flow air filter. I ran stage 2 on my old Forester xt and it burned oil was wondering if it was typically and issue with our cars or other things to look out for.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Burning oil hasn't really been an issue around here. And Cobb's tunes are notoriously mild so there's not much at all to worry about. You have the requisite intercooler for the added boost so you should be good to go!

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Burning oil hasn't really been an issue around here. And Cobb's tunes are notoriously mild so there's not much at all to worry about. You have the requisite intercooler for the added boost so you should be good to go!
I've seen a few mentions or colder plugs. Thoughts?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Optional in your case. I run colder plugs now but i didn't at first. I only decided too when i switched to a stratified tune that included the log review. With a log review it's like a baby custom tune where they go over your engines vitals and tweak a few things to extract a bit more power. Colder plugs reduce the chance of detonation and gave them a bit more head room to work with. I could've done it without the colder plugs but i'm a fanatic. Generally, colder plugs are a must have when you're going for aggressive tunes, big turbo, etc... Cobb tunes are conservative and run just fine with oem plugs. I would even argue it would be a waste to go colder on a Cobb OTS (off the shelf) tune. And the extra cranks on start up probably aren't doing any favors to my starter