Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires

I’m sure this question as been beat like a dead horse but I’m looking for recommendations on a good set of tires for my Fist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I’m sure this question as been beat like a dead horse but I’m looking for recommendations on a good set of tires for my Fist

So many variables to consider , climate, type of usage.... Is this for the stock wheels?

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #3
I live in Ohio but I’m looking more into Sumer tires and yea stock wheels a few places recommended firestone Indy 500 but I’m just looking for right now from reviews I’ve read I’m looking at 4000 miles left on the stock tires

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I live in Ohio but I’m looking more into Sumer tires and yea stock wheels a few places recommended firestone Indy 500 but I’m just looking for right now from reviews I’ve read I’m looking at 4000 miles left on the stock tires

The firestone tires are what I would recommend. Good tire for the money. Tons of reviews out there on them. If you're going with stock tire size, options are very limited.

Last edited:
OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #5
Can I go wider I’d like the idea of going wider

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Can I go wider I’d like the idea of going wider

Lots of people do. There is not much room for too much wider, but completely doable, especially with the stock suspension.

Offhand, I don't have personal experience , but somebody else can chime in.
There is also a couple of good threads about this.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
215/40/17s clear stock springs and fit stock wheels.

How are the roads? The taller sidewall on the 215s help a bit, and going to performance all-seasons makes the ride less harsh.

Im running Federal SS595 tires. They're high performance all-seasons that wear great, have plenty of grip (215/40/17) and CHEAP.

I've taken some very spirited canyon runs with these and was pleasantly surprised how well they handle.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #9
I plan on doing the tail of the dragon a few times this year so I’m wanting something that will handle well and I definitely don’t drive my car like grandma drives her caddy and as far as roads it’s Ohio where there’s no such thing as getting a dui when you tell them you’re missing potholes

dmb

I plan on doing the tail of the dragon a few times this year so I’m wanting something that will handle well and I definitely don’t drive my car like grandma drives her caddy and as far as roads it’s Ohio where there’s no such thing as getting a dui when you tell them you’re missing potholes

now that's my kind of state

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This is the master thread on the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/10882-Firestone-Firehawk-Indy-500

I just got them, based largely on the information in this thread. So far I like them a lot, especially for the very reasonable price, they seem like they have a lot of bang for the buck at a little less than $100 each in the stock size. When I got the Indy 500s the OEM Bridgestone Potenzas were about $165 each on Tire Rack, but now are $225! My preliminary impression is that their performance is slightly better than the Indy 500, but at that price differential they're hard to justify.
I'll post a review on there after I have a little more time on them.

Intuit

3000 Post Club

You can often find members unloading low mileage stock BridgeStone tires (with wheels) on the forum For Sale section.

Potholes? More like skillets and craters.

Seriously, Florida has it the worse though. They got frigg'n sinkholes...

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I had been running P215/40 17 with both stock and lowered Fiestas, but the tire selection in that size is getting pretty bad. I moved to P205/45 17 Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they are by far the best tire I have ever used. Quiet, outstanding traction, great feedback, great wet traction. Of course, they are off the car by the time temps get below 45'F and don't go back on until late spring. I also store them in the house so the rubber doesn't get cold.

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #17
You can often find members unloading low mileage stock BridgeStone tires (with wheels) on the forum For Sale section.

Potholes? More like skillets and craters.

Seriously, Florida has it the worse though. They got frigg'n sinkholes...
The dream is to find a set of stock wheels cheap for the winter
Bridgestone? My 17 came with contis

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The dream is to find a set of stock wheels cheap for the winter
Bridgestone? My 17 came with contis
The few prices I've seen in the 4 sale section for stock wheels with TPM sensors and tires are more than reasonable. I have two sets of black wheels with TPM and tires. Mine came with Bridgestone and put Continental Winter tires on the second set. So I have a stock look year-round.