Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strengthening transmission gears

After looking around for about a year, I thought I would lay out a question for the FiST vets up in here. Does anybody see a reason to beef up the internals with our IB6 transmission? Would anyone happen to know a place to do so? I feel the transmission is pretty good with near stock power, pushing 300hp/300tq is a different story though. Gears 1-3 would definitely benefit from treated gears, but I'm no expert.

If anyone would like to chime in with some good information for this subject, feel free to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I don't think it's necessary. I've done some reading on this subject, and this thread reports a car with dramatically increased power running on the stock transmission and clutch-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/10713-11-739-119-8mph-1-4-mile-FiST

A number of other people on here have reported running at the 300/300 power levels you mentioned with no problem on a stock transmission.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I don't think it's necessary. I've done some reading on this subject, and this thread reports a car with dramatically increased power running on the stock transmission and clutch-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/10713-11-739-119-8mph-1-4-mile-FiST

A number of other people on here have reported running at the 300/300 power levels you mentioned with no problem on a stock transmission.
times have changed a bit
Chris Good has run 11.4 @ nearly 130mph a bunch of times now on the hunt for 10's in his Fiesta
he is actually still on the stock Fiesta long block and transmission but keeps breaking the input shaft so there is some work being done to the IB6 internals if one wants to upgrade
We will have these options available soon

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
Ron please stop teasing us! Please, if you can PM if you have any further info. I had a hunch after reading for three years, that our input shaft is not up to par after awhile.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
times have changed a bit
Chris Good has run 11.4 @ nearly 130mph a bunch of times now on the hunt for 10's in his Fiesta
he is actually still on the stock Fiesta long block and transmission but keeps breaking the input shaft so there is some work being done to the IB6 internals if one wants to upgrade
We will have these options available soon
Won't the track require a roll cage?

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Bringing this back from the dead.

I will be breaking into my transmission again soon, and am looking to complete all the upgrades I can find to my transmission. I would like to install Carbon Synchros, new bearings while I am in there. Unfortunately, I can't find any of these parts on the on line.

Ron, I am looking to you for inspiration here. What do you have in development around the shop?

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
I to am in the market for new carbon synchros and gears!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk