Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mk's casual build

Hey!

So I figured I should make it official.

I don't plan on doing anything too fancy or over the top, most of what I want to do is performance related, that's it.

I'd love any input that I can get, because I want to do it right the first time.

Here's my goals:

275whp.
Better cornering, through suspension parts!

Cool, so here is my list of things (incomplete) that I am doing, or will do in the future.

Done:
Install Home Depot "performance" symposer delete.
Install AWR 88a RMM
Install Power flex passenger mount insert. With the bolt upgrade that I forgot to order with it.
Install Power flex transmisison mount insert.
"Install" CFM breather Oil cap.

Next up:

Install magnetic drain plugs for oil and transmission fluid. -- Got the oil pan one in. Looks like the transmission one hasn't budged in a loooonnnggg time. makes me nervous. Tranny oil change very soon

Install Intercooler and charge pipes, looking at whoosh V2, but shipping to Canada for that is a problem I suppose.

Front splitter, one of the smaller ones.

TODO:

Install Mishimoto rad and rad hoses. This might be shunted down the list.
Install racing thermostat -- nope, this ones off the list

Cross over pipe, brand ... Dunno. does it matter?

Install ST Suspensions Anti-Swaybar (from and back) Or something better ... Suggestions?
Install POWERFLEX Fiesta ST Coil Spring Pads (front and rear)

Install better brake discs on the front. They should hold up well at the track. Suggestions?

Undo the muffler delete, or get a Miltek exhaust.
Performance catted downpipe.

?
Replace green filter on MAP intake, shove it into OEM air box. I don't know if that will work.

power adding mods:

AEM / snow performance water meth injection system.
Ill probably buy this before hand, and play around with it before there are serious consequences if I make a mistake.

X47R, or Whoosh motorsports turbo, which Ron should name the roadrunner (So I can get a $500 discount)
Blow off valve, wastegate controller etc..

Tunes:
daily driver tune,
high performance tune (one that plays nice with the water meth injection)

I have to do more research concerning the water meth in terms of the tuning.
TBH, the water meth isn't for more power anyways (in terms of a more aggressive tune) but as a cooling / octane boosting mechanism,

I'd like for the performance tune to handle the water / water meth, but not need it, even if it costs me 5 - 15hp.

optional:
Clutch / flywheel upgrade

Limited slip differential

Here's my car:

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Half that shit I wouldn't even waste my time on like a clutch and flywheel upgrade....our stock setup is more than ample for your power goals....... A 180 degree Thermostat is more than ample as you do not want the engine to be running that cold.....A limited slip is less important than a good set of summer time Tires. This is all money saved to be put into better products that can be put to good use. I have a Gen2 GTX2860r... Boomba RMM...ST200 Airbox.....2point brace......Thermal R&D Exhaust.....Damon OCC....Whoosh Symposer delete.....Bravoalpha intercooler....I have 3 sets of wheels with an assortment of tires also for all seasons. I'm sure I'm missing something...oh and all the unnecessary Aero you can think of but I will see if it makes a difference..... Vegas side skirts... Rally innovations front splitter....Verus engineering rear splitter..All metal also.......all have yet to be put on but will be in the spring...so only hand washing for me after that....oh well! Different strokes for different folks....Do as you like though man.....If you really wanna do something just do it....To go nowhere follow the crowd! [rockon]

Ps... Love the Envy green!

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #4
You should tear up them snow and dirt roads with all those mod's. Watch out for Moose & squirrel. Boris.
Just said hi to Moose the other day. good thing it was at a corner and I was stopped, those guys are invisible until they jump out of the bush.

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #5
Half that shit I wouldn't even waste my time on like a clutch and flywheel upgrade....our stock setup is more than ample for your power goals....... A 180 degree Thermostat is more than ample as you do not want the engine to be running that cold.....A limited slip is less important than a good set of summer time Tires. This is all money saved to be put into better products that can be put to good use. I have a Gen2 GTX2860r... Boomba RMM...ST200 Airbox.....2point brace......Thermal R&D Exhaust.....Damon OCC....Whoosh Symposer delete.....Bravoalpha intercooler....I have 3 sets of wheels with an assortment of tires also for all seasons. I'm sure I'm missing something...oh and all the unnecessary Aero you can think of but I will see if it makes a difference..... Vegas side skirts... Rally innovations front splitter....Verus engineering rear splitter..All metal also.......all have yet to be put on but will be in the spring...so only hand washing for me after that....oh well! Different strokes for different folks....Do as you like though man.....If you really wanna do something just do it....To go nowhere follow the crowd! [rockon]

Ps... Love the Envy green!
Thanks!

Oh the bottom two things are definitely "optional", and 90%+ likely to not be installed.

I don't want to rice it up, but those small splitters look really slick.
Might wrap the lower part of the grill to black out the green just above the splitter too.

Yeah, all of this is subject to change if I find out that it won't give me enough benefit for my money.

The other things that should be "optional" are the sway bars and spring pads,
I hear good things about them, but I need to do more research on them.

The brand of intercooler is also definitely optional.
Whoosh seems to have a really good rep, but that exchange rate is a killer, plus the shipping.
That Bravo Alpha one looks fancy, but that $$$$$.

The mishimoto J line intercooler is sold in Canada, and is several $100s cheaper.
It's a pretty solid candidate for sure.
Probably wind up with the J line, unless I find a even better deal.
Too bad it is more fitting and cutting plastic, but that isn't a huge deal.
The intercooler stuff is 2 monthes away(or more).

The brakes aren't optional, I'm not going for big brakes, but my rotors literally have lips on the edges of them!
So even as a maintenance item, they should be replaced.

Might even do the brakes before the inter cooler. Stoppings important!

Yeah, I noticed that you have the stock / ST200 air intake box, from your experience with it, does it impact hp at all?
I could go with a "sock" for my intake, but getting air from outside sounds like a better idea to me.
Haven't decided yet.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks!

Oh the bottom two things are definitely "optional", and 90%+ likely to not be installed.

I don't want to rice it up, but those small splitters look really slick.
Might wrap the lower part of the grill to black out the green just above the splitter too.

Yeah, all of this is subject to change if I find out that it won't give me enough benefit for my money.

The other things that should be "optional" are the sway bars and spring pads,
I hear good things about them, but I need to do more research on them.

The brand of intercooler is also definitely optional.
Whoosh seems to have a really good rep, but that exchange rate is a killer, plus the shipping.
That Bravo Alpha one looks fancy, but that $$$$$.

The mishimoto J line intercooler is sold in Canada, and is several $100s cheaper.
It's a pretty solid candidate for sure.
Probably wind up with the J line, unless I find a even better deal.
Too bad it is more fitting and cutting plastic, but that isn't a huge deal.
The intercooler stuff is 2 monthes away(or more).

The brakes aren't optional, I'm not going for big brakes, but my rotors literally have lips on the edges of them!
So even as a maintenance item, they should be replaced.

Might even do the brakes before the inter cooler. Stoppings important!

Yeah, I noticed that you have the stock / ST200 air intake box, from your experience with it, does it impact hp at all?
I could go with a "sock" for my intake, but getting air from outside sounds like a better idea to me.
Haven't decided yet.
The OEM stock rotors are a one time deal...they dont leave alot of meat on them to be turned... I just decided to replace mine at 27k with slotted cryo front and rear rotors and carbotech 1521 bobcat pads.....the BravoAlpha intercooler is cheap compared to the DHM factoring the crashbar for abouts $900.... it's almost the same dimensions also as the Infamous DHM unit.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The ST200 box is a very good option along with a velossatech snorkel which I have also....told you I'd forget something. It also has a hose that comes from the bottom of the box and can be routed to your liking to get some colder air.....the one thing i like about it is that it's not really giving the opportunity to suck hot engine bay air like some of the others out there. It's also plastic and plastic doesn't heat soak as fast as metal intake tubes do....IMO. Again...to each their own on CAI setups.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #10
So I got my upper motor mounts on, but I couldn't get my RMM on ?!?!?!

The bolt on the OEM RMM picture / the one I'm pointing my thumb at did not budge at all!

I undid the rear bolt (and later put it back on) without much issue.

I even used a impact gun, and it only wore down the head a little bit (I stopped out of fear of stripping it).

Has anyone else faced a nasty bolt on the RMM like that? When I attacked it, the rear bolt was off already. I propped the engine up with a block of wood with my jack.

Other than that the NVH that the car has is actually kinda nice. Give the sensation of power more that the sound symposer IMO.

At idle - 1000 RPM is where the car vibrates a bit.

Shifting is smoother though, real nice.

Attachments

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #16
Finally got that friggen stock RMM off too. Don't have pictures, but I managed to get the AWR RMM on, a bit more low vibration noise, but it's broken in now, and I don't notice any major NVH from it.
Unless Im reving the engine from a low rpm, or the idle drops to 750 rpm

I also deleted the muffler delete. I'm running a stock muffler courtesy of MikeST

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
razr_m3 South East Fiesta ST Owners 12