Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any successful camshaft installs out there

I've noticed about two camshaft installs on this forum, neither were successful. Has anyone seen a write-up, or has done it themselves? I'm looking into information regarding the process and specialty tool needed. I'm hoping to come across somebody that had good gains from am install, in particular which camshaft they used.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I ran into some issues with mine because I had a cam bolt shear after we had everything back together. Once we got the right bolt, the installation went smooth.

Takeaways - I did stage 3 so my idle is rough, I had to raise it up to 1200rpm so it wasn't feeling like it was gonna die at any moment. Above 4k the thing screams! Keeps pulling to the 7500 red line, no hesitation.

I ran into some issues with mine because I had a cam bolt shear after we had everything back together. Once we got the right bolt, the installation went smooth.

Takeaways - I did stage 3 so my idle is rough, I had to raise it up to 1200rpm so it wasn't feeling like it was gonna die at any moment. Above 4k the thing screams! Keeps pulling to the 7500 red line, no hesitation.
I read this thread and got scared... https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/14454-Misfiring-after-cam-shaft-installation-suggestions

The install looks like a nightmare too. How long did it take you, and did you have to buy any of the special tools?