Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Local guy selling 18x7.5 Velox VX8s....

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I would have to run 215/35/18s to stay near my 215/40/17s height.

How shitty would the ride be with such a short sidewall? I'd run some cheap all-seasons too...

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would have to run 215/35/18s to stay near my 215/40/17s height.

How shitty would the ride be with such a short sidewall? I'd run some cheap all-seasons too...

Really shitty. 35 series on a 215 is too little sidewall, IMHO. My guess, and it's that, is that they aren't much lighter than the OEM, which won't help matters.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
No 18’s do not belong on our cars! Lol
I'll keep my stockers or the current 17s but add some serious rubber for the twisties.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll keep my stockers or the current 17s but add some serious rubber for the twisties.

Then why the 18"'s? Some would argue that even the 17"'s are too tall for the FiST.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Why? Just because something IS cheap doesn't mean you should buy it. If you have any kind of stiffening members (hehe) on your car, say goodbye to your kidneys.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I think they look pretty good...

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
18" is too much wheel, imo. Hell, 17" is too much wheel for me. In both looks and ride quality.

Rubberband tires look silly, need some "meat" on that sidewall to look correct.

And the ride is harsh enough, 18s would just beat the shit out of your kidneys. Unless that is, the roads are like glass where you live.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I think they look pretty good...

Dude - if you want them, buy them. People (including me) can tell you that the wheels are hideous, that 18s are “too much” for the FiST, that the sidewalk is going to be super low, and that you WILL destroy the ride quality - but you don’t have to listen to anybody’s opinion. Were you looking for a confirmation?

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Dude - if you want them, buy them. People (including me) can tell you that the wheels are hideous, that 18s are “too much” for the FiST, that the sidewalk is going to be super low, and that you WILL destroy the ride quality - but you don’t have to listen to anybody’s opinion. Were you looking for a confirmation?
Im looking for a change in the look of my car. Ive had the same wheels for three years now. They're honestly fine, but i prefer to change things around. I rarely keep cars that long. Im trying to keep the "relationship" fresh. Ha.

Im on the fence with these. Very few wheels do it for me. The few that do tend to be very pricey. These Veloxes tick all the right boxes, but their only negative is the size.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
...and they are multi-offset.

That drives me nutso, lol. But to each their own I guess.
Dual bolt pattern?

I dont mind it too much.

Makes them easier to sell later.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Dual bolt pattern?

Makes them easier to sell later.

Not really..... many like myself see multi lug garbage and run away. These wheels look like stuff that was on accords in the early 2000s.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Not really..... many like myself see multi lug garbage and run away. These wheels look like stuff that was on accords in the early 2000s.
They're a early 2000s design, so yeah. Like i said, they have very "tuner" vibe to them

Ford Community Posts