Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Backup Camera Mounted Inside the Car

I live in an area where my backup cameras never stay clean. Even when it is warm and dry, my dirt road crfeates so much dust that every backup camera I have had was useless. Since my FiST has no backup camera, I can fix this. I am thinking of mounting a camera inside the rear window, maybe at the top of the glass just inside the wipe pattern. Downward vision won't be as good as mounting lower, but that is something I am willing to sacrifice since I currently have none. Then I can just clean the rear window. If I also get a mirror that can act as a display, I can also use it as a rear view mirror, fixing the horrible rear down-the-road visibility.

Question: Does anyone know of a camera that can be mounted inside the vehicle?

I did something similar to this using the backup camera/dashcam in the link but more for the purpose of a rear view dash cam instead of a backup camera. I installed the rear camera inside the glass at the top facing slightly downward, but due to the fact that it is such a wide lens its really not the best for reversing. It captures a ton of the rear wing spoiler and the bottom of the window creating a top and bottom bar affect that limits the actual image to view. It is a viable option, but if perfect vision and clarity is your goal this particular option might not work out. Probably a camera with a smaller angle. Im going to try and take some pictures later today to show you what i mean.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DGS11CM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I live in an area where my backup cameras never stay clean. Even when it is warm and dry, my dirt road crfeates so much dust that every backup camera I have had was useless. Since my FiST has no backup camera, I can fix this. I am thinking of mounting a camera inside the rear window, maybe at the top of the glass just inside the wipe pattern. Downward vision won't be as good as mounting lower, but that is something I am willing to sacrifice since I currently have none. Then I can just clean the rear window. If I also get a mirror that can act as a display, I can also use it as a rear view mirror, fixing the horrible rear down-the-road visibility.

Question: Does anyone know of a camera that can be mounted inside the vehicle?
Hi, you could install the camera inside the vehicle, for example, for viewing the horse and domestic animals,etc, when installing the camera inside the vehicle roof.