Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potholes and turbomacs

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you're really that hard on wheels I'd go for 15"'s and a nice set of 205/50x15 or even 225/45x15. Convert to 4x100 and you'll be tripping over options. Stay on 4x108 and someone just posted up a set of 15x7 or 8 on this site today. I don't think that you need stronger wheels as much as you need more sidewall. Motorsport wheels are really strong but you'll never find a prepared rally car tackling anything short of a 100% asphalt stage with 40-series tires.
Those Method MR 501 VTs posted for sale are one of the stronger wheels out there for the price, albeit slightly weaker than the Braid Acropolis, or Speedline 2118s (I use them for working on gravel rallies, and there are MANY competitors using them for actually racing in gravel rallies), pretty good looking (in my opinion), but they were ONLY made in a 15x7 for direct fit to our rides.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #22
Are you certain on that price? [dunno]
I ask because back when Chalon (Perfect Circle Autosports on here) offered these for sale they were less than HALF that price each.
After some playing around on their site, as well as a few distributor sites, I have figured out that pricing is highly dependant on specs. At 16x8 "Fullrace" are ~$300/each, while "Winrace" same size are ~$700, but "Winrace" at 16x6.5 are only $285. It looks like the price goes up if they have not made the chosen wheel in the selected size, thereby making the selection a custom wheel. Did all that make any sense?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
After some playing around on their site, as well as a few distributor sites, I have figured out that pricing is highly dependant on specs. At 16x8 "Fullrace" are ~$300/each, while "Winrace" same size are ~$700, but "Winrace" at 16x6.5 are only $285. It looks like the price goes up if they have not made the chosen wheel in the selected size, thereby making the selection a custom wheel. Did all that make any sense?
POIFECT sense! ;)

Yes, they seem to be into raping the customer for custom drillings/sizes/offsets if they are not the specs for the common, 'dime a dozen' cars' PCDs out there. [:(]

But, our cars are MUCH MORE 'common' and popular outside of this land (especially in western Europe/Spain where Braid is headquartered), so it still is bewildering. [dunno]

I need a Raptor for some of the road I drive on here in Louisiana. I had a Magnum with wheels for 9 years and not an ounce of curb rash. The wheels on this FiST with lack of sidewall... It's almost comical how rough all 4 are. I bruised a wheel pulling into a parking lot just this morning.

All said, my Turbomacs have held up extremely well. I'm about to get some new 215/40s and will refinish the wheels soon. Hopefully the wheels will hold up a little better with a little more sidewall protection.