Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Picture of side bolster of Your recaro seats, SHOW ON PICTURE How is Your Recaro holding up?

Hi, I am interested to see Yours car passanger seat wear if there is any, please post picture and describe milage and how old is Your car, Thanks.

This is mine after 20k miles, car is on road since end of october 2014,

RHobdH5.jpg
9L0JCGK.jpg

is Your as bad as mine?

OP
tomix
Thread Starter #3
But.. they are looking fabulous tbh, only problem is that kind of plastic leather (this is not natural) isn't to good, and if You don't look after it it gets wear so quickly. But TBH I wouldn't change them 4 regular seats, even if standard seats may be better 4 long use.

My passenger outer side was ripped new and I missed it upon delivery, Ford refused to warranty it. I ended up replacing the top cover and it is very expensive. I still would not have chosen the base seats. I really enjoy the Recaro's with the heated seats.

SrsBsns

I can post a pic of mine later, but I've got 42K on my '15 and they're holding up really well. No scuffs, tears, scratches, etc...

OP
tomix
Thread Starter #6
I can post a pic of mine later, but I've got 42K on my '15 and they're holding up really well. No scuffs, tears, scratches, etc...
post pictures if You can

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
One of the two reasons for passing on Recaro's.........
Keep convincing yourself... The non-Recaros are certifiably dreck. Mine is 2015, and 70k - no problems. But I am careful - all my current cars have Recaros as it turns out... But even my E39 M5 with all its “twisted seat” issues never had any problems after 130k miles. (And I shouldn’t have sold it!)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Keep convincing yourself... The non-Recaros are certifiably dreck. Mine is 2015, and 70k - no problems. But I am careful - all my current cars have Recaros as it turns out... But even my E39 M5 with all its “twisted seat” issues never had any problems after 130k miles. (And I shouldn’t have sold it!)
I have had 2 cars with full Recaro seats, me nor my wife liked the ST's Recaro "lite's" which do not have the normal Recaro adjustable seat bolsters, used the $2000 saved for the MP-215. Stock seats are fine even running the TOTD hard. Stock seats are also grandkid friendly and easily cleaned. Never had a single regret.....but I see that they are not wearing well so it seems a good decision for many reasons to me. I am glad people like them, you should drive what you want. We did not like the seats, so we had no desire to pay for them. Cars have options for a reason, some people will not pay $2000 for the seats, some will. I enjoy my Mountune much more than I would have the ST's Recaro's.[wrenchin]

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Point taken. I was in a position where I didn’t have to choose one or another - so I opted for the Recaros, even though that was 10% of the car’s price. I have grave doubts that stock seats would have kept me from sliding around the carousel @MSR....

OP
tomix
Thread Starter #13
Lot's of talk, no pictures at all :( , please post pictures :) thanks[thumb]

SrsBsns

Here are mine...

43K on the clock. They're in great shape.

Not the best pics, but you get the idea.

I'm careful when getting in and out of the car. I had a E36 M3 with Vaders before the FiST, so I'm used to the deep bolsters. The Vaders lasted me well over 100K before getting too worn out.

The black on gray bits are so beautiful. I don't really care for the red ones or orange ones as they remind me of this seinfeld episode where kramer has issues with this chicken restaurant that mounts a huge neon red chicken poster across from his apartment lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The black on gray bits are so beautiful. I don't really care for the red ones or orange ones as they remind me of this seinfeld episode where kramer has issues with this chicken restaurant that mounts a huge neon red chicken poster across from his apartment lol.
Its Kenny Rodgers Roasters & its a giant NEON chicken!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Bad chicken! The orange ones go well with the Molten Orange cars. I have custom painted a few trim pieces, so the seats go with the overall theme.

Don't have any pictures at the moment, but mine are starting to crease at 24k where the top bolster and center console meet. You can hear the two rubbing together. Wish the center console was smaller, or non-existent. Other than that, they are great.

Mine have 100k on them, and are worn out. Bolster is broken on left side, leg. Left side rib area is also worn out.

Passenger and back seats are immaculate and wearing well. Probably never sat in.