Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Psa do not use motul in your fiesta st

Can you readily get the Castrol Syntrans FE 75W there?

That also fits the bill, and is most likely a bit more stout than the Motorcraft MTF, albeit about the same viscosity (which if I remember correctly is exorbitantly priced, at least here in this country).
That's not easily available here in HK, I'm already having to order a lot of parts via US based warehouses/vendors as the Fiesta was only sold for the 2014-2015 MY in HK. Ford HK is absolutely useless and quotes exorbitant prices for basic parts.

I can source the Motorcraft MTF, just checking if anyone's used it especially since it's listed in the owners' manual. Seems like everyone is running DCTF (which I understand is what the car came with from the factory).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can you readily get the Castrol Syntrans FE 75W there?

That also fits the bill, and is most likely a bit more stout than the Motorcraft MTF, albeit about the same viscosity (which if I remember correctly is exorbitantly priced, at least here in this country).
Yeah their like $30+ qt ....very proud of it and it's just a straight 75w.

Although I highly doubt it was the Motul's fault in OP's failure, it is a fact Motul does NOT meet the Ford spec for our car.
While I’ve been convinced by this thread to switch to Ravenol MTF-2 on my next transmission fluid change, Motul Multi-DCTF is listed as compliant with Ford’s WSS-M2C200-D2 spec. Or maybe you meant the Motul 300?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy 2 liters of the Ravenol. Put them both in. Let them drip.
Some of the trannies self-destructed when this car first came out. They were just machined improperly, and the low fluid level made them die quick. They were replaced under warranty.
Ravenol is the answer. Full synthetic that meets spec.

All Hail Lord Ravenol! [cheerleader]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy 2 liters of the Ravenol. Put them both in. Let them drip.
Some of the trannies self-destructed when this car first came out. They were just machined improperly, and the low fluid level made them die quick. They were replaced under warranty.
Ravenol is the answer. Full synthetic that meets spec.

All Hail Lord Ravenol! [cheerleader]
After changing My trans fluid at least 4 time's now and added the full 2 Qts of Ravenol MTF-2 or Bg syncro shift 2 never had to let it "Drip" or none the less drip at all. Just add the Full 2 qts* you will be all gravy!

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
While I’ve been convinced by this thread to switch to Ravenol MTF-2 on my next transmission fluid change, Motul Multi-DCTF is listed as compliant with Ford’s WSS-M2C200-D2 spec. Or maybe you meant the Motul 300?
I do believe that danbfree was implicating their Gear 300.

Yes, I still have 2 unused, unopened liter bottles of that Motul Multi-DCTF fluid, bought when the car was a year old.