Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Psa do not use motul in your fiesta st

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Iv'e been running 300 for 40k , 20 of it with a X47R and a couple quarter mile runs . No problems . but that's anecdotal .

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A magnetic drain plug is basically a waste of time and money. Look at the image. The dark ring at the bottom of the trans case is a magnet.

View attachment 19831
True, but that will never be cleaned until a rebuild/limited slip diff install, and the drain plug mag cannot hurt, especially if it is a very powerful neodymium type like the Dimple one I use. ;)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have been using Moutl 300 for almost 50K miles with no issues at all.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nothing, just took the X47 as far as it could go and decided to put on the big girl panties. Lo! In fact, I’m gonna be installing my X47 into the guy’s car that bought it from me.
Kewl...kewl! That's Ironic! But good to see it lives on! I'm happy that I went Gen2 now I just have to get my Aux fuel installed courtesy of Perfblue15! Enjoy! Keep us up to date on your Journey! [thumb]

I've been using motul 300 for the last 10k. I must say it sucks in the cold weather. Absolutely hard to shift.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I'm not saying you are right or wrong about the Motul stuff being the cause, but hard to make that call based on one person's failure. If there were more failures on Motul, then yes, for sure....

With that being said, I would never use something (Motul 300) that was so drastically different from oem spec. I don't claim to be an expert on these things and would not want to chance it.
I would try the ravenol mtf-2, since it's within spec.

FYI, I am on the oem fluid, but at 2 liters. I had to buy 3 quarts to get there [emoji36] .....1.89 liters is close but I wanted (needed, if I wanted to be able to sleep at night) to be precise.

OP
H

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Oh and sorry for the late additional info. But I run the "Boomba Ultimate Shift Paackage" on full shift reduction and now with the heaviest Boomba shift knob. The knob helped drastically more then any fluid. Reason I give you this info is because this is also why am so picky to fluid types. I notice more then you stock shifter people do.

And in no way on God's earth do I blame this for internal bearing failure...but if you guys can. Enlighten me

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Nothing, just took the X47 as far as it could go and decided to put on the big girl panties. Lo! In fact, I’m gonna be installing my X47 into the guy’s car that bought it from me.
Got any final numbers yet?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes, cheaper on Amazon but that is exactly what I recommend over the Ford DCT crap. And since it meets EXACT Ford spec for our trans, they can't deny warranty or anything. Absolutely transformed my gear box and even got rid of dual mass flywheel clutch clang.