Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Psa do not use motul in your fiesta st

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Wow, yeah at that point I guess it's hard to figure out what contaminated what, since everything now has metal in it.

Sorry to hear that happened, glad to hear Ford stepped up.

Perhaps 2 liters instead of 1.6 would've prevented the failure.
Yeah. It seems the quantity would be the main issue, rather then the brand of fluid. But either or could do damage depending.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Side note: my Ravenol should be here tomorrow and I'll do the drain and fill then too after I wash it. I'll try and see how much I get out of my 2017 trans.

so you guys think Ravenol is better than Motul? Now you have me thinking I should take the Motul out.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Side note: my Ravenol should be here tomorrow and I'll do the drain and fill then too after I wash it. I'll try and see how much I get out of my 2017 trans.
Good deal, I bet it's 1.67 L, my late had that much, I can only wonder if the '18-'19 got more after there were issues, I think the official mileage ratings dropped by 1MPG for the freeway in each '16-'17 and then for '18-19, who knows, higher trans fill could have contributed the final trip years.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I believe the 14 through 16 were rated at 35 mpg highway. Then 17 and up were 33. Cars.com app. Please correct me if wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As a side note, don't date girls named Denise. They leave hair in the sink and will destroy all you're Dale Earnhardt collectibles as an act of revenge.
Don't date any women named Shawndraya as they will attempt to claw your eyes out in a food court on Halloween for feeding her 5 year daughter candy before dinner......then come back a year later wanting to marry you.....[unbelieveable]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I believe the 14 through 16 were rated at 35 mpg highway. Then 17 and up were 33. Cars.com app. Please correct me if wrong.
Well, sometimes they change retroactively too, but I could have sworn my '17 was rated at 34 initially, but I could be wrong... it truly depends on how fast you go too, if you keep it to 55-60 on the freeway you can get like 38 but then goes downhill pretty quickly after that. I can even mange a full 30.5 on e30 as long I keep it to 75 in a 70 zone.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I just changed my Motul 300 out . Had 30,000 on it. Looked fine still amber. Will be sending to Blackstone for analysis. [readthis]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I just changed my Motul 300 out . Had 30,000 on it. Looked fine still amber. Will be sending to Blackstone for analysis. [readthis]
I eagerly wait for those results.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
48 exact ounces came out of my trans which equates to 1.42liters which is interesting. My transmission never shifted rough or made any weird noises.

Put in 2L of Ravenol. Trans feels no different. I think it’s a little less noisey and smoother but it wasn’t THAT noisey to begin with but I also only have 19k miles on my car. Could also be a placebo effect

danbfree

3000 Post Club
48 exact ounces came out of my trans which equates to 1.42liters which is interesting. My transmission never shifted rough or made any weird noises.

Put in 2L of Ravenol. Trans feels no different. I think it’s a little less noisey and smoother but it wasn’t THAT noisey to begin with but I also only have 19k miles on my car. Could also be a placebo effect
No, it's not just placebo I think and now with 8k after doing mine (also have 19k now total) I can say it continues to improve too. I think it's important to note that while some people have zero issues to begin with and some end up with half shaft warranty repairs after 5k, there are some of us stuck in between with not so great shifting but not enough for the dealer to say there is anything wrong either. In this case, I highly recommend the Ravenol, as it has helped eliminate 80%+ of what was bothering me, especially grinding and missing shifts. If anyone has zero issues, then obviously don't worry about it, but 1.42L also isn't good long term. I would think the $40 to be set for 100k is a low cost for peace of mind.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
No, it's not just placebo I think and now with 8k after doing mine (also have 19k now total) I can say it continues to improve too. I think it's important to note that while some people have zero issues to begin with and some end up with half shaft warranty repairs after 5k, there are some of us stuck in between with not so great shifting but not enough for the dealer to say there is anything wrong either. In this case, I highly recommend the Ravenol, as it has helped eliminate 80%+ of what was bothering me, especially grinding and missing shifts. If anyone has zero issues, then obviously don't worry about it, but 1.42L also isn't good long term. I would think the $40 to be set for 100k is a low cost for peace of mind.
Yeah. After driving a little bit afterwards I can feel it’s a little better now

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Like I have said....Ravenol is one of the best Fluid changes that can be actually felt.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Except that I would still change it before 100K miles (I plan on every 25K miles or so), despite how great the Ravenol, or BG stuff may be, but maybe that is just me being maniacally OCD about maintenance. [dunno]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Yeah. After driving a little bit afterwards I can feel it’s a little better now
I agree. I replaced the OEM fluid before my first track day with Redline DCTF as specified. Today, ~19k later, I replaced it again with 2 qts of same, and after driving ~50 miles, my impression is that it feels better and is quieter. 2 quarts is the key.

On a side note, this was one of the easiest maintenance tasks I've done. 8mm hex bit and a long flexible funnel made it easy -- didn't even have to remove the airbox.