Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Snowflake Warning Light?

This morning I switched on the ignition w/o starting and noticed an orange warning light on the dash that looks like a road with a snowflake on it. There's no mention in the manual, but I found a discussion on a UK Ford forum where they said it was an ice warning that will change color, amber to red as it gets to freezing...it lights amber when outside temp drops to 39F (4C) then turns red at 33F or below:

snowflake.jpg

I've done plenty of driving at and below freezing and have never seen this light come on. Is this a non-US feature?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
My old 325i had that same light. It startled me on my way to Vegas one time. A chime stared going off and then that snowflake popped up. Living in SoCal it rarely gets cold enough to trigger that warning.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Living in Mn....I've never encountered that light....I see it on the Gauge cluster but it NEVER has illuminated....and It gets way way past those Temps here in Minnesota.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
My old 325i had that same light. It startled me on my way to Vegas one time. A chime stared going off and then that snowflake popped up. Living in SoCal it rarely gets cold enough to trigger that warning.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
It seems that most if not all new cars will warn you when it gets close to freezing. Interestingly, this car doesn't. I'm curious if anybody else besides the OP had that illuminate....

OP
Peter H
Thread Starter #5
It seems that most if not all new cars will warn you when it gets close to freezing. Interestingly, this car doesn't. I'm curious if anybody else besides the OP had that illuminate....
Correction: I saw this light when I was uninstalling my AP prior to dropping the car at the dealer. I don't see it when the ignition is on, so there are obviously some warning lights not enabled for U.S. cars.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I miss the snowflake warning. I had it on my 2009 EU Fiesta. It was yellow for temps between 32'F and 45'F and red below freezing. It was for the summer tires that the EU cars came with. I never knew the US cars ever got the snowflake. Of course living in Michigan, the bulb would just burn out for being on all the time.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I have seen it on my Euro spec ST a few times. I think it illuminates when the temp drops to 4 degrees C or below.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wonder if it can be activated with the FORscan?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk