Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Changed Turbo From Revo to Gen II GTX2860R

slopoke

I just spent two and a half days removing my Revo S242 hybrid turbo and installing a Gen II GTX2860R turbo along with a AET 42mm ported exhaust manifold, also removed the V1 Whoosh intercooler and installed a Bravo Alpha intercooler. I also did a DIY recirc system, instead of a vent to atmosphere BOV. The main reason is I don't need the headache of a law enforcement officer hear the typical BOV noises from my car and know what it is and pull me over. Plus I don't care for the whooshy sounds a vent to atmosphere BOV makes (No offense Ron).

One thing for people that have installed a Garrett turbo and had to order parts to reduce the 3" compressor inlet elbow to 2.75" to mate with the crossover pipe. ATP carries a insert that you stick into the 3" tube and it's inside diameter is 2.75", works great. The ATP part number is ATP-SIL-258. There maybe others that have it, but since I'm 15 minutes away by car to ATP, that's where I got it. On the subject of ATP, I was there yesterday to get some vacuum hose and I informed them of the biggest gripes of their kits and recommended that they provide the 3" to 2.75" insert, one 3" silicone coupler and one 3" beaded aluminum coupler with their kits. They thanked me for the feedback and said they'll look into it. Hopefully they add those things, because everyone that's installed one had to either get a elbow with long legs or add a coupler to the compressor outlet to connect it to the crossover pipe.

https://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/mercha...p&Product_Code=ATP-SIL-258&Category_Code=RBMI

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I may be the only one who didn't have problems with the 3" inlet and crossover pipe. My ITG crossover fit with no issues.

Hope you like the turbo! I'm loving it so far

Se7eN

That is a great tip, might just buy that insert, cause I have what seems to be the same crossover pipe for the intake.

BTW, what do you plan to do with that Revo S242?

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #5
That is a great tip, might just buy that insert, cause I have what seems to be the same crossover pipe for the intake.

BTW, what do you plan to do with that Revo S242?
I'm going to be putting the Revo turbo, WGA and BOV up for sale soon.

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #10
Which hotside charge pipe are you running?
I'm using the ATP pipe. Made figuring out the configuration of the recirc setup easier. Also it puts the BOV in a location that's easily accessible for when it's time to clean and lubricate the BOV piston and bore.

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just finished running my Turbosmart BPV back to the intake (plumbed from the cold side charge pipe) on my GTX2860 Gen 2 kit. Soooo much quieter, and a bit less lag after shifts. I think I need a stiffer spring for the BPV. Thanks for the inspiration!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I like the ATP charge pipe BOV location. Yes its low but its curved out of the way for anything to hit it. If anything the charge pipe itself hangs lower then the BOV.

At this moment I don't mind the HKS BOV. It is obnoxious so I can see why people got the TiAL or recirculate it but for now, I'm happy

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I like the ATP charge pipe BOV location. Yes its low but its curved out of the way for anything to hit it. If anything the charge pipe itself hangs lower then the BOV.

At this moment I don't mind the HKS BOV. It is obnoxious so I can see why people got the TiAL or recirculate it but for now, I'm happy
I did some research and determined that having the bpv closest to the throttle body was best for my needs. It reacts very quickly and has the added benefit of sending colder air back to the inlet of the turbo instead of hot air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #15
Just did some dyno pulls on a Dynojet dyno. I was using Vdyno to estimate numbers, but the actual dyno numbers don't match the V-dyno numbers anyhow the chart is below. I kept it uncorrected, just so I have an apples to apples comparison to my previous charts. I figured that I was close to the point of losing traction and messing up the log data, so that's another reason I had a dyno session. I've penciled in the next 3 Mondays at the dyno shop, hopefully I'll only have to go no more that to finalize the tune.

The highest I was able to get with the Revo turbo and aux fuel was 298whp/314tq. I'm happy with the progress of the 2860. I'm currently on RevC map, trying to get at least 340-350 whp. The Alpha Bravo intercooler is doing it's job too. The dyno place does 3 pulls back to back and then a 5 minute cool down and a fourth pull. Only getting a few hp differences between pulls.

dynorunShare_0.png

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Just did some dyno pulls on a Dynojet dyno. I was using Vdyno to estimate numbers, but the actual dyno numbers don't match the V-dyno numbers anyhow the chart is below. I kept it uncorrected, just so I have an apples to apples comparison to my previous charts. I figured that I was close to the point of losing traction and messing up the log data, so that's another reason I had a dyno session. I've penciled in the next 3 Mondays at the dyno shop, hopefully I'll only have to go no more that to finalize the tune.

The highest I was able to get with the Revo turbo and aux fuel was 298whp/314tq. I'm happy with the progress of the 2860. I'm currently on RevC map, trying to get at least 340-350 whp. The Alpha Bravo intercooler is doing it's job too. The dyno place does 3 pulls back to back and then a 5 minute cool down and a fourth pull. Only getting a few hp differences between pulls.

View attachment 20291
Assuming this is a base tune with the aux fuel? I think its easy to hit 350whp which is the only reason I'm asking since I'm seeing 320whp

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #17
Assuming this is a base tune with the aux fuel? I think its easy to hit 350whp which is the only reason I'm asking since I'm seeing 320whp
Actually, this map I'm currently running is the second revision.

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #19
Gotcha. How did the aux fuel install go? Any hiccups/tips?
It was fairly straight forward. I had to modify the bolt holes on my alternator to get the mount bolts to thread in by fingers. Some people have alternator issues, some don't. I guess it's the tolerances of the components and how loose things are. If you haven't done it, I've done a writeup on the alternator and another on just the auxfuel system.