Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Humpy's Misguided Adventure

OP
Humpy Mcsaddles
Thread Starter #21
i would definitely recommend doing the upgrades in stages. i started with weight reduction, then went stage 1 custom tune, then went stage two custom tune with lightweight wheels, then went with the turbo. im glad that i got to experience the car at various stages.

i intended to drive the car with a finished stage 2 tune for a few months but the excitement of the wheels and stage two in such a short period got me too crunk.

Jerickson88

i would definitely recommend doing the upgrades in stages. i started with weight reduction, then went stage 1 custom tune, then went stage two custom tune with lightweight wheels, then went with the turbo. im glad that i got to experience the car at various stages.

i intended to drive the car with a finished stage 2 tune for a few months but the excitement of the wheels and stage two in such a short period got me too crunk.
I am planning coilovers next month, a long with fmic, rmm and ap3. I've been nodded before, this is the 3rd incarnation.

OP
Humpy Mcsaddles
Thread Starter #23
i was contemplating coilovers vs springs. i have seen reports of rubbing with 17x8 wheels and coilovers on our cars. my offset is 2mm under stock so this made me wary about going with the coilovers.

have you heard anything about rubbing with wider wheels?

Jerickson88

i was contemplating coilovers vs springs. i have seen reports of rubbing with 17x8 wheels and coilovers on our cars. my offset is 2mm under stock so this made me wary about going with the coilovers.

have you heard anything about rubbing with wider wheels?
Not necessarily. I think a lot dependsnonnyournoffset and tire size selection.

OP
Humpy Mcsaddles
Thread Starter #25
hopefully 215 x 40's won't rub cuz i have my eye on a set of Bilsteins for my end-of-year bonus and i don't want to have to rely on prayer to achieve the 1" of lowering that i want for the car.