Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

eBay BOV Adapter?

Ya, I like parts... ya, I also like good deals on parts... so when I saw this on eBay
I bought it. I’ve spent $20 on far more weenie decisions, and a key fob ST is $30.. so ya.

Anyway, am I the only one to have this? Surely, no.. looks like the boomba but slightly different. Came with bolts. Chucked some thread locker on them and tightened them in, good as the rest. I guess, it’s a machined piece of aluminum, right? Makes the sound, no boost leaks, did I mention $20?

Well, not that this is some long term testing thread, but install was easy minus I have big hands (and a big heart) and fit was great. Car sounds like I would imagine, and holds boost well.

I searched and couldn’t find this topic so mods, sorry if this is a repeat, just wanted to get info out. Love me some name brand stuff but honestly I could tell people George Washington whittled my bov and they wouldn’t be able to see it to tell me otherwise.

Did I mention $20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ya, I like parts... ya, I also like good deals on parts... so when I saw this on eBay
I bought it. I’ve spent $20 on far more weenie decisions, and a key fob ST is $30.. so ya.

Anyway, am I the only one to have this? Surely, no.. looks like the boomba but slightly different. Came with bolts. Chucked some thread locker on them and tightened them in, good as the rest. I guess, it’s a machined piece of aluminum, right? Makes the sound, no boost leaks, did I mention $20?

Well, not that this is some long term testing thread, but install was easy minus I have big hands (and a big heart) and fit was great. Car sounds like I would imagine, and holds boost well.

I searched and couldn’t find this topic so mods, sorry if this is a repeat, just wanted to get info out. Love me some name brand stuff but honestly I could tell people George Washington whittled my bov and they wouldn’t be able to see it to tell me otherwise.

Did I mention $20?

Junk ......buy and support a vendor from the Forum....quit being frugal...your FiST deserves better.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Junk ......buy and support a vendor from the Forum....quit being frugal...your FiST deserves better.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Lol. You, sir, are a loyalist. I can appreciate that. Keep fighting the good fight.

SrsBsns

Thanks for writing up your review. I've been debating if I should buy one of those. I figured for $20, it's hard to go wrong, but then again, there's no point of throwing away $20 on something that causes problems.

Good to hear that it's working just fine. I might pick one of these up too until I switch over to a better unit like the turbosmart 50/50.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for writing up your review. I've been debating if I should buy one of those. I figured for $20, it's hard to go wrong, but then again, there's no point of throwing away $20 on something that causes problems.

Good to hear that it's working just fine. I might pick one of these up too until I switch over to a better unit like the turbosmart 50/50.
You’re welcome! I’m a particular person. Been down the whole, “just want to save a buck” road parts and learned nothing fits like oem. So I pick my parts wisely. And like the gentleman said earlier, support vendors, I get it, but... it’s a metal part. It’s either gonna be jacked when I get it or, fit. Rolled the dice. Won this one. Lol. Hope Things work out for you. Shipping for that vendor was a little slower than I would hope but hey, I got it.

SrsBsns

You’re welcome! I’m a particular person. Been down the whole, “just want to save a buck” road parts and learned nothing fits like oem. So I pick my parts wisely. And like the gentleman said earlier, support vendors, I get it, but... it’s a metal part. It’s either gonna be jacked when I get it or, fit. Rolled the dice. Won this one. Lol. Hope Things work out for you. Shipping for that vendor was a little slower than I would hope but hey, I got it.

Agreed. I like to support the vendors and, with the exception of a few used parts that I've picked up on this forum, have gone that route. But I also try to make my $ stretch as far as it can. So for parts like this one... or things like a wing riser... I can justify finding a cheaper solution.

Although, if I were upgrading my turbo, I'd pay more for peace of mind. Although I watched a series of Youtube videos on some guy who bought one of those $500 turbo kits from Ebay for his Civic and had some success. IIRC, something close to 300whp for less than $2K including the car.

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
Agreed. I like to support the vendors and, with the exception of a few used parts that I've picked up on this forum, have gone that route. But I also try to make my $ stretch as far as it can. So for parts like this one... or things like a wing riser... I can justify finding a cheaper solution.

Although, if I were upgrading my turbo, I'd pay more for peace of mind. Although I watched a series of Youtube videos on some guy who bought one of those $500 turbo kits from Ebay for his Civic and had some success. IIRC, something close to 300whp for less than $2K including the car.
That's crazy! ya i don't mess with turbos, coming from the subie side of things, even USED turbos are iffy for me. you get one that's been beat up and has too much shaft play, no bueno. so when it comes time for the turbo swap, you best believe i'm getting something new. Shoot me a PM for the wing risers you find. maybe we should start a "thrifty" thread and document all our findings. [raceflag]

SrsBsns

You talking about 79th Productions? [biggrin]

I really enjoyed watching him put this together. Most of it done in a parking lot, no less. There are two more videos in this series, I think.
Yeah! That's the guy. I turned the videos on for background noise one day and actually was pretty entertained watching his whole process.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I like cheap speed.

I prefer to buy used parts. As long as they're not worn or beat to shit, the do they intended duty for a fraction of the price.

Being thrifty almost makes you have to learn more about the car and if a certain mod is actually worthwhile. Some dudes go ham and buy every mod available for their cars. Great for them. Ensures i get some sweet used parts in the future!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #12
Not only are used parts better, in some cases they come with extra parts that are needed, like the ATP dp i got the previous owner left the defouler spacers on there. yahtzee. awesome dude, by the way. but also, you know they worked! lol kinda silly, but sometimes new stuff dont work.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I had a thread on this about 3 years ago. The price has gone down a lil since. I used it till I upgraded to the gfb. It works and I think it's not as loud as the boomba.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had it on mine for a few months then upgraded to the Turbosmart EM Kompact Plumb Back VR2.

The eBay one was nice. The bov noise was nice and quiet like a light sneeze on hard acceleration then shifting. Then regular driving the noise was like all the rest of the adapters out there.

https://youtu.be/JxTIhmIE9mY

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk