Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which manifold to buy?

I plan on going x47 in the future and am wondering if the aet ported manifold would be sufficient, or if I should spend a little more on the BP racing one. Thoughts?

I plan on going x47 in the future and am wondering if the aet ported manifold would be sufficient, or if I should spend a little more on the BP racing one. Thoughts?
I'm wondering about the BPRacing one as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

slopoke

If you are considering an aftermarket manifold, you might wait for the Peron. They should be doing dyno test very soon, since they installed their in-house dyno a few months ago. The AET ported factory manifold is an inexpensive option and it's proven. 13WHP & 9Ib increase over stock manifold was achieved with an AET VTR330 hybrid turbo.

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...du-cnc-ported-exhaust-manifold-fiesta-st-2014

https://www.facebook.com/PERONtuned/photos/a.235280326666329/931444420383246/?type=3&theater

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #4
The peron one does look nice, but there are already options out there for $1000+, no way it comes close the cost of the BP racing or even the pumaspeed, it looks too pretty. Anyone know what happened to the cpe manifold ive seen pics of?

slopoke

The peron one does look nice, but there are already options out there for $1000+, no way it comes close the cost of the BP racing or even the pumaspeed, it looks too pretty. Anyone know what happened to the cpe manifold ive seen pics of?
I think the one that Peron is going with is the cast unit, not the welded stainless one. Price should be reasonable. Like I said before, I'd wait til the dyno numbers are published.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
There were only two CP-E manifolds made. I'm not sure if CP-E has plans to produce them or not. You can get in touch with Ron@Whoosh, he has contacts over there.

Last summer I acquired the CP-E manifold that Ron had. I installed it with the VT330R turbo for testing and then it was returned to him afterwards.

My opinion: run a ported manifold with a hybrid. Get it ceramic coated as well if you have the option. Thankfully you can get a ported OEM manifold ready to go from Whoosh.

I would only go for the tubular manifold with a big turbo as a purpose built kit, like the nice Peron kits that Ron sell's. That's just my opinion though.

The tubular manifolds look nice but you'll never really see it once it's in. Plus if you track the car and run a tubular without a heat shield there's a good chance of melting something back near the firewall. You can get those ceramic coated as well to help with the heat.

It's your car and there are plenty of options out there so you can always just try something new. Plenty of members, including myself, can appreciate a build that goes against the grain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] has the BP Racing manifold IIRC

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There were only two CP-E manifolds made. I'm not sure if CP-E has plans to produce them or not. You can get in touch with Ron@Whoosh, he has contacts over there.

Last summer I acquired the CP-E manifold that Ron had. I installed it with the VT330R turbo for testing and then it was returned to him afterwards.

My opinion: run a ported manifold with a hybrid. Get it ceramic coated as well if you have the option. Thankfully you can get a ported OEM manifold ready to go from Whoosh.

I would only go for the tubular manifold with a big turbo as a purpose built kit, like the nice Peron kits that Ron sell's. That's just my opinion though.

The tubular manifolds look nice but you'll never really see it once it's in. Plus if you track the car and run a tubular without a heat shield there's a good chance of melting something back near the firewall. You can get those ceramic coated as well to help with the heat.

It's your car and there are plenty of options out there so you can always just try something new. Plenty of members, including myself, can appreciate a build that goes against the grain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The other advantage to the ported factory manifold is that IF one is in a 'visual inspection' type state, you could run this manifold with a factory appearing hybrid, and probably get away with it, NOT SO with the 'pretty' work of art tubular stainless manifolds.