Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Public Service Bulletin: CPE intercooler on sale for $399.99 at Panda Motorworks

Yea they sent focus instead.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I would have went with Ron or have rather paid $100 more and got from cpe. I bought a new fist and ordered all the parts I wanted at same time and got them all in 3 to 4 days. Cant start my tune til my IC gets on...

Spork1569

I just put my order in [rofl] . I had to sell my left nut but still I couldn't pass up this price. By the way I used focusstorg to get another 5% off.
Just wondering if it shipped fairly quickly or if. You're still waiting on it?

Spork1569

I ordered mine on the 8th and it arrived on the 12th. Quick shipping I'd say and I was over in California, I think they are located on the east coast.
Cool, good to hear. I bit the bullet Friday and ordered from Panda despite some negative reviews but luckily mine shows as shipped and due to arrive this week.

Hopefully all goes well, customer service has been prompt to my questions thus far so that's a good sign I hope. I'm also located in soCal so the prompt shipping is nice.

Cool, good to hear. I bit the bullet Friday and ordered from Panda despite some negative reviews but luckily mine shows as shipped and due to arrive this week.

Hopefully all goes well, customer service has been prompt to my questions thus far so that's a good sign I hope. I'm also located in soCal so the prompt shipping is nice.
They're in Missouri. Finally got mine after 7 weeks

Looks great on the car, can't wait for mine to come in. Looks like a monster compared to the skinny stock one.
I put it on this afternoon. On my 2nd revision with jst. They sent 2nd revision within an hour of sending my 1st data logs. I've been waiting for traffic to calm down to do more logs.

How was the fit? Did you have to trim any plastics?
I only took off the bottom support. It's a little 2"x2" square directly under the bottom center of stock intercooler. It sit on top it. I tried to make it work but it wasn't happening. Thinking back maybe I could have trimmed it down half an inch just for piece of mind, but it felt pretty secure otherwise. It's a tight fit. You can tell when you bolt/screw everything back up it's all a little tighter but in a good way. It was actually way easier than I was expecting. Probably was 90 minutes at the most start to finish. Make sure u have a swivel attachment or one of those flexible extensions for the 3 bumper bolts on each side. Otherwise I doubt u can do it.

Spork1569

Happy to report that my CPE IC from Panda has arrived. I was a bit worried after reading a few bad experiences people have had with them before but all went well and it arrived at my place in SoCal in less than a week.

Excited to get this thing on, and thanks to OP was able to grab this IC at a steal. Resized_20190418_210029.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
K
Thread Starter #31
To the guys who've installed theirs: The panel gap between the bottom of the headlights and top of the bumper seems larger now. The installer had to do quite a few trimming passes to make mine fit (on a 2018). We also had to leave out the center support bracket at the bottom. I'm wondering whether this thing is too thick to allow the bumper to settle back into its original position. That's a bummer if it is. I'm taking it back for a second opinion later this week.

Spork1569

To the guys who've installed theirs: The panel gap between the bottom of the headlights and top of the bumper seems larger now. The installer had to do quite a few trimming passes to make mine fit (on a 2018). We also had to leave out the center support bracket at the bottom. I'm wondering whether this thing is too thick to allow the bumper to settle back into its original position. That's a bummer if it is. I'm taking it back for a second opinion later this week.

When I installed mine this weekend I was able to do so without trimming anything on my 2016 Fist, but I noticed it was a very tight fit.

That was one for the reasons I ended up removing the lower grill as I wasn't sure if it would prevent it from putting the bumper back on, but other than removinf the middle bracket I didn't have to do any trimming at all.

Bumper went back on same as taking it off, and other then a few mishaps(accidently put intercooler brackets on backwards) install was pretty clean and easy.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
I had to trim about a 1/4" off the outside edges of the lower grill area on the bumper to clear the end tanks properly. I also had to remove the center support bracket and opted to remove the factory lower grill and replaced with a custom piece I made. I am working on making a replacement bracket for the center support. Not a big deal IMO, I like making things for the car anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also did not have to trim anything on a 2016. The lower grill also fit back on without issue as well as the lower bumper clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone provide the installation instructions for the cpe intercooler? I lost mine. Much appreciated.

Can anyone provide the installation instructions for the cpe intercooler? I lost mine. Much appreciated.
Follow any front bumper/intercooler installation/removal youtube video...

On the CPE intercooler... install the brackets as they show on their website. make sure the orientation is right, but either way worse case scenario if it doesnt fit, flip the brackets.

Install the cones into the bracket that is just a circle, use the lock washer since the screws are too small.

remove the splash guard bracket from the brackets holding the intercooler in place, you do this by removing it and using a slotted screwdriver push a tab and slide it off. your splash guard will now mount to your intercooler. use provided screws for this...

Install like regular intercooler, but seriously take your time fitting up your bumper. I have a 16 and unlike other people here, my bumper is pushed out about 2-5mm between my headlights, hood, and driver side fender.

I still haven't received my CPE intercooler yet which I ordered on April 8 when this sale was active.

Spork1569

I still haven't received my CPE intercooler yet which I ordered on April 8 when this sale was active.
I would give them a call I got mine within a week after purchasing. Even to Canada seems like a long wait.