Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Public Service Bulletin: CPE intercooler on sale for $399.99 at Panda Motorworks

SrsBsns

I saw a post on the FiST reddit this morning and went over to Panda Motorworks to see if the price was real. Sure enough, it was:

https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...e-ford-fiesta-st-fmic-front-mount-intercooler

I've been waiting around to buy an intercooler. Seeing this at over 40% off got me off the fence.
I'm asking because I'm curious... What's the difference between the CPE and something like what Whoosh or Depo is currently selling?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm asking because I'm curious... What's the difference between the CPE and something like what Whoosh or Depo is currently selling?
The CPE intercooler was considered one of the best when it came out. They make very high quality products from what I hear.
Take a look at the Whoosh V2 intercooler, and then look at the CPE you'll notice it's basically a copy of the CPE.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

VirtualRonin

Active Military

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
CP-E and Whoosh V2 are virtually identical in dimensions. The biggest difference I see making the CP-E being worth the extra $50 over the Whoosh V2 is the fact that it is manufactured in the USA versus Asia.

Like others have stated, The CP-E and Whoosh v2 FMIC are virtually identical, and I'm willing to bet they perform equally as well. I've got the v2, and I can vouch that it is about as sturdy as they come...very well built. At this price, you can't go wrong with either of them.

CP-E and Whoosh V2 are virtually identical in dimensions. The biggest difference I see making the CP-E being worth the extra $50 over the Whoosh V2 is the fact that it is manufactured in the USA versus Asia.
The difference is you are buying from the company that put the money into R&D, tooling, manufacturing, and testing vs.... well im not going to go into that. Plus the made in USA part too =]

OP
K

karp

Thread Starter #8
The difference is you are buying from the company that put the money into R&D, tooling, manufacturing, and testing vs.... well im not going to go into that. Plus the made in USA part too =]
Just got mine from Panda yesterday ($399, what a deal!). It's beautiful (and the packing was amazing)! I do notice that your base price is much lower on the cp-e web site now too ($499 vs the former $699-$7something). Is that a sale or permanent lower pricing?

The catback is next for me when I save some more coin!

The CPE intercooler was considered one of the best when it came out. They make very high quality products from what I hear.
Take a look at the Whoosh V2 intercooler, and then look at the CPE you'll notice it's basically a copy of the CPE.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Pay the extra $100 and order straight from cpe...I've been waiting over a month on panda...finally got it and it's a focus IC. Shipped it back and emailed pic of receipt, haven't heard anything in 5 days. Idk if they're sending the correct one or refunding me.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
K

karp

Thread Starter #10
Pay the extra $100 and order straight from cpe...I've been waiting over a month on panda...finally got it and it's a focus IC. Shipped it back and emailed pic of receipt, haven't heard anything in 5 days. Idk if they're sending the correct one or refunding me.

Sorry to hear that. I got mine within four days of ordering. I did figure out early in my order process that their automatically generated emails, like order confirmation and shipping notices, were getting caught in my spam filter.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
now now
let's not get into where they are both actually made

Sorry to hear that. I got mine within four days of ordering. I did figure out early in my order process that their automatically generated emails, like order confirmation and shipping notices, were getting caught in my spam filter.
I've been emailing back and forth with them after the 1st week. Nothing in spam. Thanks tho.

I just put my order in [rofl] . I had to sell my left nut but still I couldn't pass up this price. By the way I used focusstorg to get another 5% off.

Placed an order on this too. Went with Paypal Credit and got $20 off. So total was $379 amazing deal and will just pay it off next month.

Spork1569

Here's hoping the sale goes on till Friday so I can snag myself one on payday.

Does anyone know if the focusstorg code works regardless of which car the parts are for?

Good luck getting it...I been waiting 6 weeks, waited 5 weeks and they sent wrong one. Sent it back and still haven't heard from them after asking what's going on.

Damn well mine says it was shipped and should be delivered at the end of the week. Guess I'll update the thread when I receive it.

Spork1569

Seems a lot bigger m, did they accidently send a FiST IC?

Sucks to hear that the customer service isn't up to par though, maybe waiting for Ron to stock V2's would be the better route then [idea].

Seems a lot bigger m, did they accidently send a FiST IC?

Sucks to hear that the customer service isn't up to par though, maybe waiting for Ron to stock V2's would be the better route then [idea].
Yea they sent focus instead.

Damn well mine says it was shipped and should be delivered at the end of the week. Guess I'll update the thread when I receive it.
If its shipped it's on the way. Mine didnt ship for 3 weeks. Hopefully it's right one.