Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Euro headlights loose bulbs hid

DangerMouse

I am installing euro headlights and morimoto hid kit.

The bulbs clip in but they have some play, I bent the tabs as much as I could with the bulb out and it helped a little. I am afraid once I'm driving I'll see shaking or vibration.

Anyone have this issue or suggestions for a solution besides a full proper retrofit?

It would be nice if ford used a spring clip to secure the bulb down.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #3

brbauer2

Cool thanks. I was looking for a spacer or something and couldn't find anything. They might be too thick but for the price I might see if they will work.
They are cheap aluminum and would be easy to sand down to the correct thickness.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #5
They are cheap aluminum and would be easy to sand down to the correct thickness.

They came in today. Much thinner than I expected. Gonna try them tomorrow. I think they will work.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #7
Mine are tiiiight. Had to use some needle nose to help push them in place.

Bought my headlights used so who knows.

The adapters you recommend work perfectly as a retainer clip on the back of the bulb. Thanks again for the help!

Now I just need to get some decent high beam bulbs and get em on the car.

brbauer2

Glad they worked out for you.

I've got Silverstar Ultra for the high beams and am happy with them. I've used the same bulbs on all 3 of my Fiestas and show no signs of going bad.

SYLVANIA - H1 SilverStar Ultra - High Performance Halogen Headlight Bulb, High Beam, Low Beam and Fog Replacement Bulb, Brightest Downroad with Whiter Light, Tri-Band Technology (Contains 2 Bulbs) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01LXWI00S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xIAHCbS4KC8SD

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I ordered some Depo OEM Euro replica's, so exact aftermarket copies and want to upgrade the projectors and don't feel like diving into the world of lighting nerd-snob forums. Can anyone tell me what size/style of projector I need? Are they the same as other Fords that come with projectors in the US like the Fusion or FoST or? The headlights are about to be shipped from Latvia finally and I already have an H7 HID kit I ordered, am I gonna need to order H1's or something now instead if I want to upgrade the projectors?