Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If the passenger side mount is squeaky, is it already "gone"?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Mine is doing a veeeeeery slight version of this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=vk5L3d2F0hQ

I ordered the pineapple slice and bolt from Whoosh, but I was wondering if the squeaking indicates the mount is already shot.
Thoughts? The engine doesn't move much by hand, I only started researching this because my car gets a case of the squeakies when cold. I've also noticed a pronounced increase in audible mechanical noise (whirring while coming to a stop, more audible injector noise, etc.). Researching an increase in mechanical noise led me down the path of the passenger mount - I'd be surprised if it's dead in a car with 13k used as a daily driver, but... :shrug:

If anyone has any idea how to check the mount without pulling it completely, let me know. I tried to get in there one handed and I can't quite pull it off.

dmb

those mounts were F-ed up they must have did some work on them to screw them up so bad. anything for a sale. spray a little lube on there and see if it goes away. I think the r/s mm has oil in the bottom half so look if their is a leak. I put both mount inserts on mine but i'm not finished yet. you could try a turn on the stock bolt to see if its loose. good luck

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
those mounts were F-ed up they must have did some work on them to screw them up so bad. anything for a sale. spray a little lube on there and see if it goes away. I think the r/s mm has oil in the bottom half so look if their is a leak. I put both mount inserts on mine but i'm not finished yet. you could try a turn on the stock bolt to see if its loose. good luck
Thanks! That squeaky sound is driving me nuts :p for a long time I thought it was my exhaust hangers squeaking - I could grab the exhaust and move it around and that squeaking came from the mount under the hood. I mistook it for exhaust hanger squeaks so i took the time to teflon-tape the hangers and add silicone grease to the "hooks". It *did* make things a little quieter, but the under hood squeakies were still there. It's not a huge deal, but I have fixated on the squeaking and the only cure is to remove the squeaks, I won't be able to enjoy myself until I address it. I will obsess over it until I get it to stop squeaking :p

I get a lot of squeaking under my hood somewhere too. I was gonna use it as an excuse to "accidentally" get a RMM, but I guess I'll do the fiscally responsible thing and grease up the other mounts first.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Was able to use a very small amount of engine oil out of squeeze bottle with a lloonngg tube to quiet it down until I took a chance to replace. Had considered silicon spray which is typically used with rubber-like materials but went with other for a few reasons.

Used a small amount because I didn't want to risk any of it making its way to the accessory drive belt. Squeak slowly went away with the next few drives and hasn't been noticeable for the last couple of weeks. Only peeps when hit a speed bump. Applied through the holes at the top and around the parameter. Bought another stock mount and will be replacing it at some point anyway.

Prior to the oil, couldn't reproduce the noise easily and it's not constant so the mount isn't catastrophically worn. (even though I goofed on a shift some weeks prior)

Ford Community Posts