Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does this look like collision damage?

Impact Damage?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to be impartial on this so I’ll keep it brief. I’d just like input from the more informed enthusiasts on this board whether or not the rim damage in the photos is consistent with the side wall damage annotated in the red circle.

I mounted the original tires to the OZ Rims. I drive it in the middle of the road religiously swerving for pot holes.

Tire Rack is not fulfilling their warranty saying that the damage to the rim is caused by impact damage substantiated by wear on the tire wall.

Im just looking for impartiality. I feel like I would know if I curved these things hard enough to cause that damage. Otherwise these rims are just straight garbage and this thread should be a cautionary tale.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
OZ eims are not garbage tjey are actually good Italian made rims. That is definitely impact damage you nad to have hit something to cause those bends im the rim lip and those two spokes. Or

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Then where’s the side wall damage. I feel like there would be significant impact damage... I drove the same route to work every day for a year with no damage to the OE wheels... kinda leads me to think these wheels are pieces of garbage.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
That looks like pothole damage.

The tire can absorb the blow because its elastic. An aluminum wheel isnt.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Aftermarket rims are usually lighter than OEMs and that is one of the main reason people buy them.
OEM rims are usually very strong and are therefore heavier.
The rim in the photo above looks like you may have hit a pot hole.
The same pot hole may not have damaged an OEM rim.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Aftermarket rims are usually lighter than OEMs and that is one of the main reason people buy them.
100% correct.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
P

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Ding ding give this man a star! Like I said impact damage. A pothole causes impact. Seen people bend rims on hard curb hits and potholes. Thing is its not because they are garbage if they were Garbage it would bent but literally broken. Also high performance wheels are lighter and can and will be more likely to bend like this.
oRm wheels are heavy cast tanks. Lol trust me run a oem wheel over a killer pothole and damage loke this could happen just not as easily.

I have seen steel rims bent because of hard curb hits.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are you looking for Tire Rack to warranty the wheel? Can you post a link to their warranty verbage?

You definitely hit a pothole, and hard! Did you not feel it? I did something similar to a steelie and I knew it was dented as soon as I hit the pot hole. It was probably 4" deep going just the right speed where I didn't skip over it.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
I’ll have to research the verbiage of the warranty tomorrow. I’ll post it. I’m sure they’ll find anyway to not honor the warranty.

That’s my issue. I have not hit anything hard. The only thing I can think of is a manhole cover I hit going about 40 the other day. I cringed when I missed dodging it. The build quality on these things is absolute garbage. I understand they’re aluminum but this is ridiculous.
Are you looking for Tire Rack to warranty the wheel? Can you post a link to their warranty verbage?

You definitely hit a pothole, and hard! Did you not feel it? I did something similar to a steelie and I knew it was dented as soon as I hit the pot hole. It was probably 4" deep going just the right speed where I didn't skip over it.

I agree that it looks like pothole damage.

I hit one and had to replace a Kosei a while back. Believe it or not, this held air and got me home. A car cut me off, then instantly swerved to miss a pothole and of course I couldn't see it because the car that cut me off blocked my view of the road...Bam! I just had to buy another one from Tire Rack also, luckily they had one left in stock, these were fazed out. Another reason I like 215s for a little more side wall...

Attachments

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
Mine are holding air fine. I’m inclined to drive on them until they don’t. Honestly thinking about ditching these things all together at this point. They’re garbage.

I agree that it looks like pothole damage.

I hit one and had to replace a Kosei a while back. Believe it or not, this held air and got me home. A car cut me off, then instantly swerved to miss a pothole and of course I couldn't see it because the car that cut me off blocked my view of the road...Bam! I just had to buy another one from Tire Rack also, luckily they had one left in stock, these were fazed out. Another reason I like 215s for a little more side wall...

This.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Also this.

Sucks to hear, but OP is SOL

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
Would some of y'all grow the hell up and quit making fake profiles.

For real. I’m here for some technical advice and the thread is just being over run with trolls. It’s ridiculous.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
For real. I’m here for some technical advice and the thread is just being over run with trolls. It’s ridiculous.
And it's just your post. I don't get it.
But for real aftermarket wheels especially on these low profile tires get bent easy. Wheels are constantly being sold on here that have damage, or people wanting a replacement wheel. A lot of people have gone down to a 16-inch wheel just to get some more tire sidewall.

Aftermarket wheels will bend. That’s just the way things go. No matter how much the wheel cost, if you hit the right (insert something with a perpendicular lip here), you’re gonna bend them. Like was mentioned. Depending on road conditions and geography of where you live, consider getting a smaller rim with larger tires. Bent rims are no fun.

However, if you can not get it replaced, look up a wheel repair place, they can bend them back to an extent if it isn’t that bad, and the prices are usually fair. Maybe 40-60 bucks for a repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Community Posts