Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1 month of owning my Fiesta and this shite happens

In 15+ years of driving I've never even seen this happen before. I almost wonder if someone did it on purpose but it has to be just bad luck from rock damage

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Mine cracked on the way home from the dealer. Get some thick fog light protection film and it wont happen again

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Mine cracked on the way home from the dealer. Get some thick fog light protection film and it wont happen again
Can I replace just the glass or do I have to buy an entire enclosure?

They're not to expensive. It was $42 from the Ford dealership. Mine was cracked before I purchased the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Honestly since you have to replace the whole housing which btw is a very issue thing to do, I would just install either diode dynamics or Morimoto led projector fogs. They give off way more light, look better, and are better quality than the OEM. Just something to think about.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Honestly since you have to replace the whole housing which btw is a very issue thing to do, I would just install either diode dynamics or Morimoto led projector fogs. They give off way more light, look better, and are better quality than the OEM. Just something to think about.
I have been. I rarely use them any way. Any idea how bad the install time is

I think it took me about an hour the first time and only like 20 minutes after that. If you have big hands you might have trouble reaching the screw in the back of the housing, but with a 10mm socket and a shorty flat head its a piece of cake. I had to take the horn out of the passenger side because my hand wouldn't fit but other than that its easy.

joesiris

but yes after installing, as MKVIIST said, go over to whoosh motorsports and get some laminex protection film. It comes in clear if you don't want to change the color scheme. I live on a terrible road where rocks are a real threat to the car. I have managed to keep rocks from hitting the side with mudflaps, and from taking out my fogs with the film. You can actually see where rocks have hit the film, glad I had it, its worth the 15 bucks.

also the perfect time for an upgrade if you're into that kind of thing.

OR

Post an ad looking for somebody who upgraded to sell you a stock one they no longer need

SPhilli911

My fogs are covered for protection.
But when I drove my car for the first time ever, on the way home from the dealer, a rock kicked up from a truck nailed and cracked my windshield. Nothing like that happened in the 6 years since. Weird :ROFLMAO:

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
I cant wait to tell me wife how a rock kicked up and now I have to buy the Titanium exhaust system from Woosh....(y)
2 months after getting thy thermal exhaust installed a rock must kicked up from my driveway on top of it or something. Had the WORST rattling for 5 miles or so on my way to the install shop. Stopped a mile from it they could never find anything wrong and its never happened since

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts